KermMartian wrote:
Hmm, good idea. You don't think it's too close to the DCS6 userbar, or if it is, that that's not a bad thing? I was thinking that having it similar forms a nice continuity between the two.

No, I don't think it's a bad idea...normally (with most companies) logos and signs etc change in small ways every new release or update. This shows the company or product is advancing yet it is still the same old original everyone loves. Take the windows logo for example. Razz

Here is my updated version:

i liked the stripiness of the DCS6 version.
elfprince13 wrote:
i liked the stripiness of the DCS6 version.
My DCS7 has that too, it's just a little less pronounced.
KeithJohansen wrote:

Seconded. Also a couple of things:

1) The options screen still sometimes doesn't un-check options
2) Like how DCS main menu has "DoorsCS6" on the side, could the alpha-click menu have an "options" side banner?
3) Have alpha menu say "unarchive" when brought up on an archived prog?
4) Updated, fancier default icons? (TI BASIC, ASM, MOS, ION, DCS)
These all sound like things I'm going to want to incorporate, thanks for the tips. Also, thanks for referring me to this thread to get it bumped again so perhaps I'll actually get on a few of these.
So the last time I worked on the DCS 7 logo, I had come up with this:

I have to say, I don't love that quite so much anymore, I'm rather more fond of the [<<] icon (rotate in your mind 90deg CW). Who agrees?
Can I have a mock-up of that idea for comparison?
well I like this one, but I also like the other one....hmm, we might need to put this to a vote
Eeems wrote:
well I like this one, but I also like the other one....hmm, we might need to put this to a vote
Well, let me make another mockup or three, then we can vote. How does that sound?
Sounds good to me. Can we submit our own mockups? Laughing
KeithJohansen wrote:
Sounds good to me. Can we submit our own mockups? 0x5
Acutally, yes, if you have some interesting concepts I'd love to see what they look like.
KermMartian wrote:
KeithJohansen wrote:
Sounds good to me. Can we submit our own mockups? 0x5
Acutally, yes, if you have some interesting concepts I'd love to see what they look like.
Bumpity bump. Here's something I came up with as a possible About screen. I know it's quite similar with the current DCS6 screen, but I think it's decent.

hmm, I don't know, I like the other image a bit better, but this one looks good too...
Eeems wrote:
hmm, I don't know, I like the other image a bit better, but this one looks good too...
What about that "DCS7" font in this format? I'd like to keep the urls and credits text intact; I think that works out well.
what do you mean by DCS7 font?
Eeems wrote:
what do you mean by DCS7 font?
I meant the curvy MetroDF / Neuropol - style "DCS" and "7" from those three or four original mockups.
Just leave it. If you truly hate it and come up with something better, add it to 7.1. That looks fine for now. Just keep working on all of the truly important stuff, let others deal with that.
Svakk wrote:
Just leave it. If you truly hate it and come up with something better, add it to 7.1. That looks fine for now. Just keep working on all of the truly important stuff, let others deal with that.
Haha, good philosophy. That sounds like a plan.
Quote:
Haha, good philosophy. That sounds like a plan.

Okay, I'm working on a basic idea now, so that you can continue working on the physical program. I've got the basic layout, but now I need to come up with the logo.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours