You can't insert data into ASM program headers because of how offsets are calculated. And no, there's no Ion header with icons, although the MOS header allows for 15x15 icons.

@Elfy: So yeah, I'm feeling the search bar suggestion, not so much on the zooming, although I'm still trying to think how I could make that feasible.

Edit: On a more positive note, mocking up some title screen ideas. Comments and suggestions?

KermMartian wrote:
You can't insert data into ASM program headers because of how offsets are calculated. And no, there's no Ion header with icons, although the MOS header allows for 15x15 icons.

@Elfy: So yeah, I'm feeling the search bar suggestion, not so much on the zooming, although I'm still trying to think how I could make that feasible.

Edit: On a more positive note, mocking up some title screen ideas. Comments and suggestions?

Maybe add a slash across the "7" to make it look more like one to some people? Razz

jk, I like the second two a lot (the first one is weird with the whole DCS7 logo and the 7 in the middle... to repetitive). How about using the title text "DCS7" from the first title screen and putting a custom logo for DCS in the orb instead of the seven?
Eh, I'm a bit fond of the seven in the circle from that promo background. Smile I'm going to experiment more with the spikes, but right now the middle one is my favorite.

Oh, and as I pointed out on UTI, the roadmap talks about a homescreen execution hook, which is indeed NoShell-like functionality.
number 2 or 3, the first 1 looks lonely.
Yeah, definitely go with the second one Kerm, unless of course you come up with something better. Very Happy
Mexi1010 wrote:
Yeah, definitely go with the second one Kerm, unless of course you come up with something better. Very Happy
Thanks, the middle one still looks a tad lonely to me, even though I agree it's the best of the three. I have to figure out what to change, and I also need to figure out where I'm going to add the site url and copywrite line. I might have to animate some text to make it work.

Edit: a fourth idea:

Number three, although it might be even better if you put the dithering from number 4 on to number 3 (I don't like the giant self-credit, but the dithering is nice).
The Tari wrote:
Number three, although it might be even better if you put the dithering from number 4 on to number 3 (I don't like the giant self-credit, but the dithering is nice).

Seconded. Also a couple of things:

1) The options screen still sometimes doesn't un-check options
2) Like how DCS main menu has "DoorsCS6" on the side, could the alpha-click menu have an "options" side banner?
3) Have alpha menu say "unarchive" when brought up on an archived prog?
4) Updated, fancier default icons? (TI BASIC, ASM, MOS, ION, DCS)
I actually like the self-credit on the fourth. The text goes well with the rest of the picture and it would look great if you animated the text to go away and show copyright information.
Mexi1010 wrote:
I actually like the self-credit on the fourth. The text goes well with the rest of the picture and it would look great if you animated the text to go away and show copyright information.
That was my idea. I ripped the credit line straight from Doors CS 6.1, so it's the same size font from that.

@KeithJohansen: Duly noted.
i like #4
If we are going to keep judging pictures we need to make an official DoorsCS Logo...or splash screen thread.
Mexi1010 wrote:
If we are going to keep judging pictures we need to make an official DoorsCS Logo...or splash screen thread.
It does indeed seem like that might be a good idea at this point, particularly when there is as much critiquing to do on the splash screen ideas as there is on the feature suggestions and ideas.
duly noted.
I now officially think that the logo thread was a good idea since there is almost a whole page now dedicated to logo critiquing. Very Happy
Mexi1010 wrote:
I now officially think that the logo thread was a good idea since there is almost a whole page now dedicated to logo critiquing. Very Happy
So someone split it already! I'm not in the mood to deal with it.

Edit: Thanks, elf. Smile
Here are some ideas for a DCS7 userbar that I threw together in about five minutes. As you can see I need to do some work on making the corners a bit better. I will fix that later. So what do you think?

Mexi1010 wrote:
Here are some ideas for a DCS7 userbar that I threw together in about five minutes. As you can see I need to do some work on making the corners a bit better. I will fix that later. So what do you think?

Very nice, although I'm not totally sold on that violet color. Here's my first attempt at a userbar for DCS7:

Quote:
Very nice, although I'm not totally sold on that violet color. Here's my first attempt at a userbar for DCS7:

I might change it to a black palette now that I saw yours. Yours also looks great I would just add a border for sure though.
Mexi1010 wrote:
Quote:

I might change it to a black palette now that I saw yours. Yours also looks great I would just add a border for sure though.
Hmm, good idea. You don't think it's too close to the DCS6 userbar, or if it is, that that's not a bad thing? I was thinking that having it similar forms a nice continuity between the two.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours