So, it's summer a year later, and I think I'm going to have the time to hopefully apply myself to this project again. I think we should start by reviewing what exactly I want to implement in this version and anything I want to remove.

To Remove:
:: I guess CALCnet2/gCn should be compiled out
:: Others?

To Add:
:: Actually succeeding in extracting the tangled RunProg system for purposes of the entry point and of USB8x
:: Add homescreen execution hook (like NoShell)
:: Update dated nostub BASIC and ASM icons
:: Update the SDK
:: Everything else?
Is it possible to add the creating, viewing, extracting, and adding of grouped files?
KermMartian wrote:
So, it's summer a year later, and I think I'm going to have the time to hopefully apply myself to this project again. I think we should start by reviewing what exactly I want to implement in this version and anything I want to remove.

To Remove:

It is with heavy heart that we bid farewell to thee, sweet gCn.
not that we every used it....
Maybe you should add above the Remove spot all the functions it truly has? This would give us a better idea on what to suggest.
Your DCS7 counter is broken.
@elfprince, eeems: It'll just be a temporary removal, anyway; there's nothing to stop me continuing development on it later and adding it back in.

@tribal: Sounds like an interesting idea, what does everyone else think about Group manipulation?

@tifreak8x: Excellent idea, I will definitely add a section listing the major current features. That will be quite helpful for me as well, since it's been nearly a year since I looked at the code in any detail myself.
KermMartian wrote:
@tribal: Sounds like an interesting idea, what does everyone else think about Group manipulation?

display them as folders with a "zip" icon.
I'd love the group manipulation, it would make things easier then having multiple apps for stuff like that
Eeems wrote:
I'd love the group manipulation, it would make things easier then having multiple apps for stuff like that

Seconded. Though somehow groups have always been rather buggy for me =(

@Kerm
-you really should incorporate TabFunction SE out of the box without necessitating the extra program.
I'll look into what is necessary for group detection and manipulation; hopefully it is nothing too intense or space-consuming. I also like the idea of integrating TabFunctions SE, that definitely gets on the list.

To Remove:

To Add:
:: Actually succeeding in extracting the tangled RunProg system for purposes of the entry point and of USB8x
:: Add homescreen execution hook (like NoShell)
:: Update dated nostub BASIC and ASM icons
:: Update the SDK
:: [Maybe] Group detection and manipulatino
:: TabFunction SE integration
:: Everything else?
oh, you should consider adding linking capability (if it isnt there already)! Cool
rthprog wrote:
oh, you should consider adding linking capability (if it isnt there already)! Cool
Well, that's supposed to be the point of Cn2/gCn, but i will compile it out until everything else is working and I get a chance to actually make it function properly. I really, really hope there's a way to keep this to two app pages, but to be honest I'm not terribly hopeful at this point. How much do you think people will kvetch and moan if it goes to three app pages?
KermMartian wrote:
rthprog wrote:
Well, that's supposed to be the point of Cn2/gCn, but i will compile it out until everything else is working and I get a chance to actually make it function properly. I really, really hope there's a way to keep this to two app pages, but to be honest I'm not terribly hopeful at this point. How much do you think people will kvetch and moan if it goes to three app pages?

Just work on the USB8x integration and let people run it off of a flash drive. Then who cares?
Oooh, now _that_ sounds like a challenge. Running programs off of a Flash drive is one thing, but running the application itself like that sounds well-nigh impossible.
I wouldn't mind if it will take 3 app pages. As long as its worth that space!
ZagorNBK wrote:
I wouldn't mind if it will take 3 app pages. As long as its worth that space!
I hope everyone feels the same way. Razz Let me make a poll to verify that this is the general opinion.
Has there been suggested any USB linking capabilities?

(gCn-USB with a hub...)

If you have that extra page Razz
KermMartian wrote:
So I've planned out the sequence of Doors CS versions and features according to my current feature list and knowledge of my summer time commitments. Here it is, and please feel free to post with suggestions, comments, and criticism.

:: Doors CS 6.2 (Complete by June 1, 2008)
........Fix unsupported opcodes
........Refamiliarize myself with my code
........Test and confirm nSpire compatibility
:: Doors CS 6.3-6.4 (Complete by June 14, 2008)
........Pull RunProg mess into separate system
........Add homescreen execution hook - make it toggleable?
:: Doors CS 6.5 (Complete by July 1, 2008)
........Add new splashscreen
........Tweak CALCnet2 functionality
:: Doors CS 6.6
........Update the SDK and documentation
:: Doors CS 7 Release Candidates
........Get bug reports and fix any issues
:: Doors CS 7.0 (Complete by August 1, 2008)

Haha, what happened to August 1st?
He meant 2009 Rolling Eyes

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 9 of 10
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours