So I've planned out the sequence of Doors CS versions and features according to my current feature list and knowledge of my summer time commitments. Here it is, and please feel free to post with suggestions, comments, and criticism.

:: Doors CS 6.2 (Complete by June 1, 2008)
........Fix unsupported opcodes
........Refamiliarize myself with my code
........Test and confirm nSpire compatibility
:: Doors CS 6.3-6.4 (Complete by June 14, 2008)
........Pull RunProg mess into separate system
........Add homescreen execution hook - make it toggleable?
:: Doors CS 6.5 (Complete by July 1, 2008)
........Add new splashscreen
........Tweak CALCnet2 functionality
:: Doors CS 6.6
........Update the SDK and documentation
:: Doors CS 7 Release Candidates
........Get bug reports and fix any issues
:: Doors CS 7.0 (Complete by August 1, 2008)

Edit: Now with a fun, educational signature image!
That's awesome! I think that it will be a great success.
QuinnZhao wrote:
That's awesome! I think that it will be a great success.
Haha, thanks, I hope so. I was going to add something about fixing previously-reported Doors CS 6 bugs, but I don't really have any of those. Has anyone had problems with DCS6?
What would also be nice is BASIC program editing on the graph screen. Should I suggest something like a suite of "Accessories" like a notepad, music player, BASIC Editor (on graph screen), music maker, and maybe making something like the OTBP On-Calc assembler. Since you have most of these things written, I don't THINK implementing them straight into DCS will be too hard.

Besides these things, looks good Kerm...and have fun looking through your code. Very Happy
I think those would be better off as external programs than features built into Doors CS. Doors CS already has a notepad (Document DE 6), a music player (mobileTunes 3), and I've discussed the possibility of a music maker with myself. I should consider putting that on my summer todo list.
good to see you back in action Kerm Very Happy
elfprince13 wrote:
good to see you back in action Kerm Very Happy
Thanks, happy to be back in action. This will get underway (hopefully) right after I finish with finals.
This looks good! I like the way its going.
Although, it doesn't seem to incorporate more features for the general user. More simple things. Perhaps allowing the general user to access the linking capabilities?
Good plans. From an outsider's perspective, I think that you should give the Doors CS include file one more good staring contest. I still remember everything that Jim_e found that one time...
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:
This looks good! I like the way its going.
Although, it doesn't seem to incorporate more features for the general user. More simple things. Perhaps allowing the general user to access the linking capabilities?
Well, the plan is this: I'm going to be touching up CALCnet2, adding (perhaps) some kind of transport protocol on top of it, then building an application layer for things like FTP that will either allow file transfer between two normally-connected calcs or multi-to-multi over Cn2.

Haveacalc: Did I miss something? Which are you talking about?
KermMartian wrote:
I think those would be better off as external programs than features built into Doors CS. Doors CS already has a notepad (Document DE 6), a music player (mobileTunes 3), and I've discussed the possibility of a music maker with myself. I should consider putting that on my summer todo list.

Well at least make the BASIC editor in graph size letters because it would be easier to edit bigger programs. Razz
KermMartian wrote:
Haveacalc: Did I miss something? Which are you talking about?

Found it
KermMartian wrote:
........Add homescreen execution hook - make it toggleable?

Homescreen execution of DCS hook or a Noshell-program-exec hook?
The former already exists. It's ON+PRGM.

Mexi1010 wrote:
Well at least make the BASIC editor in graph size letters because it would be easier to edit bigger programs. Razz

Agreed. Perhaps a slightly DCS-ish GUI too?
@Mexi: Not possible (I don't think), since the editor is run by the TI-OS, not Doors CS.

@Haveacalc: thanks, I'll make sure those were repaired.

@KJ: The latter. And same answer as to Mexi.
KermMartian wrote:
@Mexi: Not possible (I don't think), since the editor is run by the TI-OS, not Doors CS.

Oh there's gotta be a way!... Razz

Hmmm...brainstorm very hard Kerm, I'm sure you will think of something.
Mexi1010 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Eh... leave that to the OS hook gods.
calc84maniac wrote:
Mexi1010 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Eh... leave that to the OS hook gods.

/me goes and prays to the OS hook gods...
I'll see what I can do, but I don't have very high hopes at this point.
Do what you can because that would be a great addition to DCS. I think I would use it about four times more often.
Mexi1010 wrote:
Do what you can because that would be a great addition to DCS. I think I would use it about four times more often.
It occurred to me that in order to ascertain the possibility of doing this at all, I should consult with Brandon, the hook guru. So while I deal with that, any other preliminary feature suggestions or bug reports?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 10
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours