So, as June just started, I think it's time for a reality check of my To-Do list for the summer. Here's how it stands:

Summer 2008 Tentative Completed List
:: Released Nspire-compatible DCS 6.3
.....:: Fix Nspire support by removing undoc'ed opcodes
:: Wireless dataglove project
.....:: At this point, need [HAVE] conducting thread, a [HAVE] bluetooth keyboard (if such a thing exists), and a [DON'T HAVE] decent 3-axis accelerometer for this project to work out as I'd like
.....:: Thus far I've built the bluetooth interface module and even a charging station for it. I have the conductive thread, so I just need to put the glove together and figure out keymappings.
:: Cemetech6, now finished
.....:: FFS, this needs to be finished already
.....:: Archives are a priority, forum templates are a priority
.....:: Put it live after those two are done, then finish the rest
:: Get eeePC, Cloudbook, or Nokia n810 (wimax?)
.....:: Decide which one would be best for my PAN (Personal Area Network) wearable computing projects --> eeePC
.....:: Installed a VM with Xandros on my tablet, started some minor dev
.....:: Code my as-yet unnamed connectivity project
.....:: Hopefully do more work on my C/C++ realtime facial recognition module

Summer 2008 Tentative To-Do List
:: Work on next DCS versions, DCS 6.4 through 7.0
.....:: Make the runprog entrypoint functional
.....:: Do more CALCnet2.2 testing and debugging to make it more useful
.....:: Perhaps make a Cn2.2 app or two
.....:: Consider gCn hardware
:: Rebuild lost smsdoor documentation
:: Perhaps do some work on the Laser Projecting project? Haven't worked on that in a while
:: Oh yeah, REU. That is taking most of my time.
KermMartian wrote:
Fix nSpire support by removing undoc'ed opcodes

*cough* Sad
brandonw wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Fix nSpire support by removing undoc'ed opcodes

*cough* Sad
Thanks. You'll notice in the top line, which I typed today, I have it correct. The line from a month ago is incorrect. Sad
Hmm... DCS would be niceto see some updates... maybe some optimizations even Razz

You should get with brandon, see what kind of thing he might see that could be smaller or something, since he is so awesome. Razz
Indeed I should. Calc84maniac volunteered to trawl through the DCS source and look for optimizations at one point, but that kinda fell by the wayside. Haven't seen him in a while, prolly finals.
I know tari has poked around the code a a few times but as far as I know you don't have the latest version of the code available to download.
TheStorm wrote:
I know tari has poked around the code a a few times but as far as I know you don't have the latest version of the code available to download.
Then you don't know very far, because I do. Smile
Well the last time I checked you only had 6.0 beta 3 code available but as you can guess I haven't checked recently.
TheStorm wrote:
Well the last time I checked you only had 6.0 beta 3 code available but as you can guess I haven't checked recently.
Ah, there you go then. Also, don't trust the version numbers I write in comments, trust the data statements used for the about screen.
Well instead of trying to apply python to more advanced projects, i have decided that this summer my big project will attempt to write my own forum and site from the ground up using php.
lafferjm wrote:
Well instead of trying to apply python to more advanced projects, i have decided that this summer my big project will attempt to write my own forum and site from the ground up using php.
Ground up? Totally ground up? At least start with something simple to do templating and/or CMSing, no?
KermMartian wrote:
lafferjm wrote:
Ground up? Totally ground up? At least start with something simple to do templating and/or CMSing, no?
Agreed. This year I decided to learn PHP and write my own blog. I made a little progress on my own, but eventually I just went ahead and used Wordpress, because it's hard to write it all on your own and make it work as well as can be expected from prewritten packages. And a forum will be even harder than a blog was for me, because you need to keep track of all the users, whereas I only needed to distinguish between one author and all the readers.
KermMartian wrote:
lafferjm wrote:

I was planning on coding a CMS as well, and i guess it would be a ton easier than a forum; although a forum will still be on my list of things to accomplish.
So which one did you end up deciding upon? CMS or forum?
Both with the cms coming first.
lafferjm wrote:
Both with the cms coming first.
Good, that seems like a logical way to approach it. What features are you planning to put in your CMS and/or forum to make it unique from all the other CMSes and fora out there?
No clue, i still need to make a list of them. Seeing how a list would help come code time instead of trying to wing it.
lafferjm wrote:
No clue, i still need to make a list of them. Seeing how a list would help come code time instead of trying to wing it.
I absolutely agree. I try to never start a project without properly documenting my ideas so that I don't get halfway into the project and then realize I'm either not sure exactly where I'm going with it or can't remember everything I wanted to do with it and how I wanted to do it.
I know there have been smaller projects i have worked on and i had wished i made a list so i guess since this is my biggest project i am actually going to learn from my mistakes Very Happy . I am not going to start up on it for a couple of weeks though because i need to brush up on my php and mysql since it has been a while since i have used it. After that i will create a topic just for it to outline what i have done and allow others to preview it.
I've got summer projects of my own. Mostly just UnSS work: Fixing, enhancing, cleaning, etc.... Getting ready for UnSyntax Software's first birthday Very Happy (June 30)

Also, Kerm, mind putting on your to-do list "add UnSS to tiSAX"?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours