The next release of D3D3 is currently under development, and here is what's new:

1. Abillity to scale the different axes invidually
2. A Skip-to-the-last-page function in table mode
3. A Mix-And-Store-Frame function
4. Access to Table Mode from View Mode
5. Revised Readme.txt file

Here are some changes:

1. Nearly all labels inside the program is changed for a more organized program structure
2. The name of the clipboard list has ben changed from CLBRD to CB
3. The "Usage" section of the help file is moved to the readme.txt file
4. Variable names changed around to avoid conflicts
5. No cursor limmit in editor mode

It will problably be released sometime at the end of this month, and it won't exceed 10KB.
Sounds cool, glad you're still interested in this project. I look forward to the release.
Here is an update on the project:

The program is ready, I have not tested it too mutch, but everything should work fine.

The size of the program turns out to be about 200 bytes smaller than version 3.1 and 3.2! Even though nothing has been removed and new commands have been added!

The only thing left now is the total renovation of the Readme file.

*Edit*
Here is a preview: http://annonymus2.deviantart.com/art/Prgm-Help-Beta-82831658

hope you like it.
Wow, nice diagram! I think that'll make using the program much easier for end users. Smile
Looks pretty featureful. And like Kerm said, that's a helpful diagram. Smile
I made the calculator picture by using a scan of my own calculator, and then I simplified it by using PaintShop Pro 5. The comments are in the font named "Balloonist" @ font size 18 and was added by using Paint.

News on the project:
due to a glitch that appeard by letting view mode access to table mode, if you tried to return to the main menu, you would be asked to save the temporary view mode file instead of the base editor mode file. This has been fixed, however, the porgram is now about 50 bytes longer than last version Neutral
I wouldn't exactly call 50 bytes the end of the world. Razz Good catch on the bug, ETA?
I'm nearly done whit the manual now, but I got an awfull lot of homework to do now before tuesday, so don't expect anything before 1st May. I'll try to make it before the deadline, but if I don't, it won't be many days delayed. Smile Ill post a message when I'm done.
olav_nordmann wrote:
I'm nearly done whit the manual now, but I got an awfull lot of homework to do now before tuesday, so don't expect anything before 1<sup>st</sup May. I'll try to make it before the deadline, but if I don't, it won't be many days delayed. Smile Ill post a message when I'm done.
Sounds good, and don't forget to submit it to the archives as well. Smile
Design 3D v3.5 is now released, it will be avalible as soon as the archives are updated.

It's released on this site and TIcalc.org

Hope you enjoy it Very Happy
Accepted in the archives here:

http://www.cemetech.net/programs/archives.php?mode=file&path=/83plus/design3d35.zip
Sorry for bringing back to life such an old topic, but hasn't the archive been broken for a long time now? Or was that file removed?
swivelgames wrote:
Sorry for bringing back to life such an old topic, but hasn't the archive been broken for a long time now? Or was that file removed?
That file was moved to a different folder:

http://www.cemetech.net/programs/archives.php?mode=file&path=/83plus/basic/graphics/design3d35.zip
A Small Note: I just realized a small bug in table mode. I forgot to change one variable when I reorganized the engine. I've now fixed this, and I'll upload the file as soon as possible.

BTW, haven't it been a while since last file-upload on TICalc.org?

An Even Smaller Note: To save some RAM and increase the maximum number of lines by 1 (max. number of lines are now 499), the 2 first slots of list X Y and Z are now being used. However, if you load a project from the previous versions, the pixel at (0,0,0) will be turned on. To fix this, enter table mode and press "DEL" to delete the first line.

The size of the program is now only 9498 bytes!!!

Additionally, who is interested in a beta of Design 3D v4? It is way bigger than 3.x (about 12kb) and it is seperated into one program for each module. The idea was that only one module should be unarchived at any time, but I figured that other progams couldn't be archived by BASIC programs.

v4 does take use of a totally new engine. Instead of just line start and line ends, you have an array of points/pegs and two tables of pointers pointing at what peg a line starts/ends. This thecnique allows up to 999 points/pegs and up to 999 lines between any of the points/pegs you like.
Aha, very nice, I was at one point considering implementing a system like that in D3D 3. Definitely go for it, I'd be interested in helping to beta-test.
KermMartian wrote:
Aha, very nice, I was at one point considering implementing a system like that in D3D 3. Definitely go for it, I'd be interested in helping to beta-test.

Weel... That it is a beta means that only the major engine(s) is(/are) compatible with the new system. I still got to fine-tune smaller functions like the clipboard functions in table mode and the save/load modules. Updating the quick-help file might be a little hard because the functions of the program gets more advanced.

I'm sorry, but I didn't get the time to upload D3D 3.5 today. Tomorow I got an exam., and I'm going to town this weekend. The next time I get a chance to upload is on monday.

*Edit*
I've now uploaded the working version of D3D v3.5

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours