hey i need help with this program it is my first SUCCESSFUL game. it worked on the calc but when i type it in to my projects, it comes up with like 230 errors or something. i typed it in EXACTLY as it appeared on the calculator. it is on my projects. i set it so anyone can view it. since there are errors, i cant export it. its really annoying. i looked on the help thing, and.. well... HOW THE HECK SHOULD I KNOW WHAT A TYPO-BLABLA ERROR IS!?!...... sorry i got a little frustrated... Mad please help. Mad
we will need to see some code so we can attempt to fix the error.
oops.. hehe.. wait a minuite.... DANG IT! IT GOT MESSED UP WHEN IT SAVED.... oh well... doesnt matter...
dragonfyre wrote:
oops.. hehe.. wait a minuite.... DANG IT! IT GOT MESSED UP WHEN IT SAVED.... oh well... doesnt matter...
If you could tell me what the project name is, I could take a look....
KermMartian wrote:
dragonfyre wrote:
If you could tell me what the project name is, I could take a look....
sorry haven't been on in a while. its called "HUNTER" . my friend gave me the idea, i just made it for him.

On a side note..... i'm having ideas for a Mad Libs program in BASIC... if only i 1) had a link and 2)knew how to either store more than 10 word entries (since there are only 10 strings) or somehow get more strings..
I did some research in basic and found out that the length( command may help me to use more strings in this... any ideas? or.... another idea! Its a strech but.. i could use the getkey function! it would display what it presses.. it could use the delete key... and could be stored on a list... LMADLIBS... yeah! sorry, i have ADHD.
[quote="dragonfyre"][quote="KermMartian"]
dragonfyre wrote:
On a side note..... i'm having ideas for a Mad Libs program in BASIC... if only i 1) had a link and 2)knew how to either store more than 10 word entries (since there are only 10 strings) or somehow get more strings..
I did some research in basic and found out that the length( command may help me to use more strings in this... any ideas? or.... another idea! Its a strech but.. i could use the getkey function! it would display what it presses.. it could use the delete key... and could be stored on a list... LMADLIBS... yeah! sorry, i have ADHD.

You sir need to "chill" =D. You can store as many words as you freaking want in a single string... here's an easy way to do it:

:" " --> Str1
:For (N,1, Z
:Input ":", Str0
:Str1 + sub(Str0 + " ",1,10) -->Str1
:End

To input Z words of maximum length 10 characters
To read word number N, run this code

:sub(Str1, 10N - 8, 10) + " "-->Str0
:sub(Str0, 1, instring(Str0, " ") -1) -->Str0

now your word is in string 0.

I would suggest that you don't save your words to a list; oh and save yourself some effort and just use the input string function either way because

:input ":", Str0
:seq(instring("ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ0123456789 ", sub(Str0,N,1)),N,1, length(Str0) -->L1

would do the same thing while being easier on you =D
Yup, string concatenation would indeed be the way to go here. In order to look up words in the string, just repeatedly do inString( with a starting offset of the previous instance +1.
And if the length of the string is unknown then you could simply do a for or while. Not sure if that was implied in your post Kerm ^^,
swivelgames wrote:
And if the length of the string is unknown then you could simply do a for or while. Not sure if that was implied in your post Kerm ^^,
It was indeed. Let's throw down some actual code (please correct me if I have mistakes; it's been quite some time since I've written TI-BASIC:

Code:
Given that the string is in Str1:
:1->P:While P and P<=length(Str1
P = inString(P,Str1,"[space]
S = inString(P+1,Str1,"[space]
If not(S:length(Str1->S
sub(Str1,P,P+S-1
Do stuff with the substring (Ans) here
S-1->P
swivelgames wrote:
It was indeed. Let's throw down some actual code (please correct me if I have mistakes; it's been quite some time since I've written TI-BASIC:

Code:
--Given that the string is in Str1:--
:P = inString(P,Str1,"[space]
:S = inString(P+1,Str1,"[space]
:If not(S:length(Str1->S
:sub(Str1,P,P+S-1
--Do stuff with the substring (Ans) here--
:S-1->P:End
KermMartian wrote:
swivelgames wrote:

Code:
--Given that the string is in Str1:--
:P = inString(P,Str1,"[space]
:S = inString(P+1,Str1,"[space]
:If not(S:length(Str1->S
:sub(Str1,P,P+S-1
--Do stuff with the substring (Ans) here--
:S-1->P:End

Nice double post there =D

That code confuses me and your syntax is crazy. You havent even closed the While statement and you forgot to add "then"... BTW what's "inString(P, Str1, " ") -->P ....?

Code:
--Given that the string is in Str1 with each word seperated by a space:-- and Z is word number
:seq(N(sub(Str1,N,1)= " "),N,1, length(Str1))-->L1
:SortD(L1
:sum((L1=1))+1-->dim(l1
:SortA(L1
:1-->L1(1)
:sub(Str1, L1(Z), L1(Z+1)-L1(Z))

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours