I just saw this movie, and I must say: wow.

For anyone who hasn't heard of it, it's a follow-up to the sci-fi series Firefly, which was cancelled in 2004 (after beginning in 2002). It takes place 500 years in the future, and humans have expanded to a number of worlds, creating the Alliance.

The story centers around the crew of the Firefly-class vessel Serenity and their questionable activities. I won't say anything more for those who haven't seen it and may now want to, but has anyone else seen it?

I very much liked this movie, and highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it.

See more at IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0379786/

Bonus quote:
Dr. Mathias: [referring to Dr. Simon Tam who has just helped his sister, River Tam, escape] Gave up a brilliant future in medicine as well. It's madness.
The Operative: Madness?

This is Spartaaaaa!
i agree, great movie, with an interesting history. look up the associated tv series (Firefly), which fills in a LOT more backstory (you can get it on DVD) Pure genius. Best way to describe the whole universe would be "space cowboy"

its a typical western (e.g. six shooters and horses along side the hover crafts and even a rare laser or 2) with amazing characters, that also happens to mostly take place on a spaceship.
I actually saw Serenity two years ago; a friend and fan of Firefly said it was good and I should watch the series. I never got around to it though until this past winter vacation, when I watched Serenity and then the rest of the Firefly series. I'm glad I saw Serenity before Firefly, as I think I understood much more about the characters and backstory than I would have otherwise.
I saw Serenity about a year ago, and I agree it was a great movie. I hadn't seen Firefly at the time, and didn't even know it was a sequel to Firefly. Recently, I tried to watch Firefly, but I couldn't get into it.

However, I do love one of Joss Whedon's other TV shows - Buffy the Vampire Slayer. It's truly amazing, and I think everyone here should watch it if they haven't already.

Alright, sorry for hijacking the thread. Proceed with your Serenity chat.
I've seen a couple episodes of Firefly at a friends house, but have yet to see Serenity. I'd like to though.
In my opinion Serenity is more logical as a prequel than a sequel, and it was originally intended as the pilot for the series...
KermMartian wrote:
In my opinion Serenity is more logical as a prequel than a sequel, and it was originally intended as the pilot for the series...

No it wasn't. Serenity (movie) wasn't planned until after the series - it is very thoroughly a sequel. The pilot was also titled Serenity, but it is not the movie: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serenity_%28Firefly_episode%29 Besides, if it was a prequel, how would it make any sense whatsoever if suddenly the crew had no idea who the hell the shepherd, river, etc... were?

I must agree though, it is a great series, and a great movie. I watched the whole season + movie with my dad over the holiday break (not for my first time, of course Very Happy )
KermMartian wrote:
I actually saw Serenity two years ago; a friend and fan of Firefly said it was good and I should watch the series. I never got around to it though until this past winter vacation, when I watched Serenity and then the rest of the Firefly series. I'm glad I saw Serenity before Firefly, as I think I understood much more about the characters and backstory than I would have otherwise.

stage6 has all by 2 or 3.

tagged with ffly5, etc
elfprince13 wrote:
stage6 has all by 2 or 3.

tagged with ffly5, etc

TPB has them all Razz
Sad
I need more hard drives.
The Tari wrote:
Sad
I need more hard drives.

Or fewer big hard drives Smile Or 24 1TB hard drives in a RAID array like this guy: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1251660 (all tucked away in a nice, neat, $3,000 case Very Happy )
Kllrnohj wrote:
The Tari wrote:
Sad
I need more hard drives.

Or fewer big hard drives Smile Or 24 1TB hard drives in a RAID array like this guy: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1251660 (all tucked away in a nice, neat, $3,000 case Very Happy )
MMmmm, do want. Very nice.
I have two in this machine for now: 1x8.4 GB (contains Gentoo), and 1x200 GB (Windows, all my media). Of course, if I had the money, I'd get 5x250 GB drives and throw them all in a local fileserver with RAID5.
I got 1x320gb and 1x500gb - both full Smile
Kllrnohj wrote:
I got 1x320gb and 1x500gb - both full Smile
I have 80GB left on my 500 drive, about 10 left on my 80GB drive, and at least 150GB left on my laptop's 250GB.
KermMartian wrote:
I have 80GB left on my 500 drive, about 10 left on my 80GB drive, and at least 150GB left on my laptop's 250GB.

Oh if we are bringing laptops into this then my first laptop's 160gb drive is full and my second laptop's 100gb drive is full. My 40gb external is also full.
Well, I guess you're a filthy pirate who should be jailed for illegal filesharing then. Very Happy
KermMartian wrote:
Well, I guess you're a filthy pirate who should be jailed for illegal filesharing then. Very Happy

Psh, I don't share Wink
Kllrnohj wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Psh, I don't share Wink
Yet you didn't refute your filthiness. Glad you can't smell over the internet... Very Happy
concerning the movie, I wish they had at least tried to pronounce the Chinese stuff right.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours