http://www.tylerm.info/this_page_crashes_ie.html

hahahahahahahaha
Kllrnohj wrote:

hahahahahahahaha
Haha, I love stuff like that. I think at this point most people that are using IE are doing so because they don't realize there's an alternative.
There's an alternative?
KermMartian wrote:
Kllrnohj wrote:

hahahahahahahaha
Haha, I love stuff like that. I think at this point most people that are using IE are doing so because they don't realize there's an alternative.

I know some MS fanatics who still try and tell me IE is better than Firefox
alex10819 wrote:
There's an alternative?

The alternative is not using the internet. Everyone knows IE == Internet, duh.
elfprince13 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Kllrnohj wrote:

hahahahahahahaha

I know some MS fanatics who still try and tell me IE is better than Firefox
I wouldn't call myself a MS fanatic, but I do like IE7 more than FFx (usually). In the long run, I think they both have their strengths and weaknesses, which is why I keep both on my computer.
Kllrnohj wrote:
alex10819 wrote:
There's an alternative?

The alternative is not using the internet. Everyone knows IE == Internet, duh.

wait, if IE == Internet, and Internet == Tubes, does that mean IE is the same thing as you Tubes?

[edit]
also, enlighten us as to the strengths of IE, and if its just the interface of FF you don't like, you can make it behave like IE pretty easily, or use Opera.
bwahaha, this is awesome. OK, open up the page in non-IE and save it. Then open up windows explorer and select the file - it will crash. This is soooo cool Very Happy
I like how IE7 has more options available. Because of all the settings that are available, I have been able to tweek IE7 until it is just right. In FFx, there are hardly any options. There are some things that you can only do in IE7 (they may actually be bugs, but who cares), like open ti-SAX in a new tab. You can't do that in FFx. You are forced to open it in a new window, which I find very annoying. FFx also tends to use more ram than IE7.
There are more things, but I am tired of typing. And I am sure you all want to type up IE7's flaws, but don't bother because I have certainly noticed. I like both browsers, but both can annoy me, which is why I said they both have strengths and weaknesses.
You got it all wrong... AOL is the internet. IE just accesses it through the intertubelitory network called the 'blogosphere' which is of course a spherical meta-elephant.
Your logic is flawless. It all makes sense now.
JoostinOnline wrote:
I like how IE7 has more options available. Because of all the settings that are available, I have been able to tweek IE7 until it is just right. In FFx, there are hardly any options. There are some things that you can only do in IE7 (they may actually be bugs, but who cares), like open ti-SAX in a new tab. You can't do that in FFx. You are forced to open it in a new window, which I find very annoying. FFx also tends to use more ram than IE7.
There are more things, but I am tired of typing. And I am sure you all want to type up IE7's flaws, but don't bother because I have certainly noticed. I like both browsers, but both can annoy me, which is why I said they both have strengths and weaknesses.

IE has barely any options compared to firefox o.0 Firefox has extensions to add things like open ti-SAX in a new tab (yes, there is an extension that opens new windows in tabs, imagine that), and you can tweak the low-level core engine by going to "about:config". But really, just comparing the stock firefox tools->options to IE's "Internet Options" (which isn't just IE), firefox STILL has more options available.

I think you just fail.
Kllrnohj wrote:
IE has barely any options compared to firefox o.0 Firefox has extensions to add things like open ti-SAX in a new tab (yes, there is an extension that opens new windows in tabs, imagine that), and you can tweak the low-level core engine by going to "about:config". But really, just comparing the stock firefox tools->options to IE's "Internet Options" (which isn't just IE), firefox STILL has more options available.

I think you just fail.
I am not talking about extensions, I am talking about built in options. IE7 has tons and tons (you just have to know where to look), but FFx hardly has any, and I don't want to have to download more stuff.
JoostinOnline wrote:
I am not talking about extensions, I am talking about built in options. IE7 has tons and tons (you just have to know where to look), but FFx hardly has any, and I don't want to have to download more stuff.

So you are dissing on FF for the greatest feature ever? Wow, you are retarded.
Kllrnohj wrote:
JoostinOnline wrote:

So you are dissing on FF for the greatest feature ever? Wow, you are retarded.
Dude, everyone knows the intertubes aren't supposed to have extensions. FireFox obviously hacks the intertubes to use extensions! And it probably causes global warming, too. Smile
ha even the wii as no issues with that page with its limited browser though it is opera based. I got my mom even using ff because ie just keeps getting slower and slower each time we use it. she was amazed at how much faster her pages loaded lol. my main issue right now is her comps hard disk space is getting low but I'm going to see what I can do about that.
Just use Opera and ditch that open sores crap.
JoostinOnline wrote:
Kllrnohj wrote:

I think you just fail.
So you'd rather something bloated and slow that has a ton of stuff you'll never use than something sleek and streamlined that you can tweak to work exactly as you want?
KermMartian wrote:
JoostinOnline wrote:
Kllrnohj wrote:

I think you just fail.
So you'd rather something bloated and slow that has a ton of stuff you'll never use than something sleek and streamlined that you can tweak to work exactly as you want?

What you said sounds exactly like Opera, the most streamlined browers you will find (that is full featured).
KermMartian wrote:
No, I said that I would rather use IE7 Razz . I don't want to use FFx as much because it takes up more memory, is slower (at least on my computer), and requires DLing addons so I can use all the features that I currently use in IE7.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours