but it is noticeable because it causes refraction, which is why spear fishing can be hard at first... lol
sorry for the long wayt but this theory doesn't contradicts einstein they published results and it seems that it does not break the speed of light... it seems that they forgot that n=c/vp where vp is the propagation speed but this speed refers to the phase of the waves, and they consider the (top speed)....
I suppose that's fair, but if you can send information in the wave's phase, and they're claiming that the phase change can move faster than light, something's not right.
that's the problem you can't send information on the group phase...
rayden wrote:
that's the problem you can't send information on the group phase...
Exactly, that was my point. Hence this is incorrect.
As far as I'm concerned, quantum superstates (traveling at the speed of light or any speed) are strictly a load.

I mean... Schrodinger's cat? That's ridiculous. Sure, it may be HYPOTHESIZED to simultaneously be in two states until observed, but by nature that's unprovable, and also by nature it can't be applied to anything because the moment it's required to perform an action dependant on state it's going to collapse into one possibility.
Aeromax wrote:
As far as I'm concerned, quantum superstates (traveling at the speed of light or any speed) are strictly a load.

I mean... Schrodinger's cat? That's ridiculous. Sure, it may be HYPOTHESIZED to simultaneously be in two states until observed, but by nature that's unprovable, and also by nature it can't be applied to anything because the moment it's required to perform an action dependant on state it's going to collapse into one possibility.

Sure, except that we've already created quantum entangled particles in a lab. There are also experiments like the Double-slit experiment that "prove" that observation affects the behavior of things like electrons: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double-slit_experiment#Importance_to_physics

Just because you don't understand it doesn't mean it isn't true and/or valid to the best of our knowledge. Hell, you can't even prove that gravity is real.
kll is write we have more examples on that, for example when a foton goes trought two infenetisimal hole's, witch one of them it will choose well, we don't know, but if we look it will choose one of them and that where we change all state of it, only because we have looked into it!

Another example if a pencil standing up WITHOUT ANY FORCES APPLIED, will stand up forever or will fall anytime. Well again we don't know but accordingly to heisenberg it's impossible for it to stand up in an infinitum time, so it will fall again we do not know when! There are many things in phisics people can't explain tha'ts the beuty of it!
That's easy, Brownian-type motion in the pencil prevents it from standing infinitely on a point of unstable equilibrium.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours