Harq wrote:
The only thing I was worried about was the motherboard, but it says crossfire compatible so =)

What the hell does crossfire have to do with it?

@Kerm: its an OEM machine, *WHAT* compatibility problems?
Kllrnohj wrote:
Harq wrote:
The only thing I was worried about was the motherboard, but it says crossfire compatible so =)

That was just a way for me to be sure that it is compatible =P

Besides, it looks like there is a possibility they may not get it from there. Does anyone know anyplaces that sell good ready-to-ship pc's for a good price?

I just realized that 1 of the newegg shipping centers is in Memphis... I wonder if it would be possible to go pick something up if we bought it from them =O
Kllrnohj wrote:
Harq wrote:

Ah, my mistake, I originally misread it as a custom-built computer, and that was merely his shopping cart. Makes much more sense now. Smile
I may just go with a prebuilt one because after reading the horror stories, it doesn't sound like it would be here anywhere NEAR christmas, and it might have a couple of issues =P...

How is this computer? I know it is also from cyberpower, but I am assuming that neither tigerdirect or Newegg would let it ship out if it doesn't work =P
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3520042&CatId=114
The one downside is vista, which they hope to avoid since they have had some problems =\ (I think Vista is fine, XP was just like this when it was released, but after 2 service packs...)
Harq wrote:
I am assuming that neither tigerdirect or Newegg would let it ship out if it doesn't work =P
I wouldn't be too confident about TigerDirect. I bought a barebones kit from them to make my mom a new pc, and went through heck replacing parts and trying to get it to just boot and stay on. Turned out the CPU and motherboard in their bundle weren't even compatible, and other people who bought the bundle had the exact same problems.
Harq wrote:
I may just go with a prebuilt one because after reading the horror stories, it doesn't sound like it would be here anywhere NEAR christmas, and it might have a couple of issues =P...

How is this computer? I know it is also from cyberpower, but I am assuming that neither tigerdirect or Newegg would let it ship out if it doesn't work =P
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3520042&CatId=114
The one downside is vista, which they hope to avoid since they have had some problems =\ (I think Vista is fine, XP was just like this when it was released, but after 2 service packs...)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2032280010+1143633576

Take your pick Smile (oh, and go with Vista over XP)
Kllrnohj wrote:
Harq wrote:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2032280010+1143633576

Take your pick Smile (oh, and go with Vista over XP)

I live in Tennessee (Memphis, to, which they have marked on the map as their warehouse =) ) which mean 100 dollars more in taxes =\

I will push for vista, but it may not happen during christmas now =(

Although with 100 dollars with a mail in rebate...

OH YEAH, Kerm, you are correct about that being custom built =P That was just a screen cap of the spec thing that slides along the side =)
Harq wrote:
OH YEAH, Kerm, you are correct about that being custom built =P That was just a screen cap of the spec thing that slides along the side =)

In this case custom built would mean the parts are ordered and assembled by you. So while it may technically qualify as "custom built" - it isn't in the common understanding of the phrase Smile
I think the term custom ordered would be more fitting, as that is how I refer to my laptop.
rivereye wrote:
I think the term custom ordered would be more fitting, as that is how I refer to my laptop.

True, true =P

Anyways, I have finished exams... TWO WEEKS OF CHRISTMAS BREAK!!!!!!! YESSSSS!

If we get this computer I may consider getting all my friends together and having a LAN party somewhere... But I am not sure we all have a single game. I have given UT2k4 to everyone (just the game files, no disk required), but it gets old =P

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours