http://www.cemetech.net/projects/mtunes/converter.php

Check the box, type 1 or a higher int into the box, browse to a MIDI file, and click the button! Smile
sweet. Definitely better than OmniCalc sheet music....
Currently all it does it separate a MIDI file into separate tracks. Onto step two...
are you going to update the frontpage link to mobileTunes converter? the old one?
I'll do that once I finish this one. I have almost all of the Step 3 page done, so I'm perhaps 75% done with the whole thing.
Can you make the converter .wav compatible? Because I don't have any way to convert my music to midi.
Wav to MIDI conversion is tough because it relies on taking one track of actual sound data and trying to figure out what instruments play which notes and when. That means separating sound data into separate tracks by trying to "subtract" the soundwave of the instrument from the overall soundwave. And you can't construct the soundwave that you need to subtract, if you don't know what pitch that instrument is playing. It's a vicious cycle with no solution.
I thought that it would be something like that but then Kerm would need to make a .wav to mobletunes converter
There are commercial and freeware wav-->midi converters, if you want to go looking. You can also find MIDIs almost everywhere online.
So how is the debugging of the converter coming along? Or was it also removed for the same reason as WorldTrends?
Delnar_Ersike wrote:
So how is the debugging of the converter coming along? Or was it also removed for the same reason as WorldTrends?
Erm, WT wasn't removed, its databases are just offline until I can get them uploaded again. Converter progress is occuring.
When I try to use the converter, I get blasted with errors. Is this normal?
luby wrote:
When I try to use the converter, I get blasted with errors. Is this normal?
No, it probably means I haven't tested the converter on the new host yet. Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours