Haha, I finally got a TI-84+ calc! Been a while, but I'm glad to have one ^^,

Its required in my Geometry class cause we're doing a lot of trig and what not. But yeah, I have it.

First thing I put on it: DCS 6.1 FTW!!

Anyone want to list some recommended Calcware? Games? Shells? Random?
Yeah, dump DCS and get either Crunchy or Mirage - both are so much nicer to use on calc than DCS (moving a mouse with a dpad ftl!)

Or that runprog or something where it lets you run ASM programs from the homescreen just like basic programs
Runprog is an internal mirageos routine, not a program. You're probably thinking of one of these:

1) AddAsm by Brandon Wilson - Lets you run nostub assembly programs from the homescreen without typing asm(.
2) Noshell also by Brandon Wilson - Lets you run nostub, mirageos, and assembly programs from the homescreen without typing asm(, and out of archive.
3) CalcUtil by me - Like Noshell, but has more features, and I don't think Noshell is being actively developed anymore.
NoShell is pretty nifty.
Stick with DCS 6.1. Smile Speaking of DCS, has anyone tried it on an nSpire yet?
It should work exactly the same...
Agreeing with Harq, I would think so. But I (and Texas Instruments) could be wrong.
My geometry teacher had one early and I tried a few things on it and they all worked just like the they do on a ti-84 se...
So, it would work. And I check the site, it should run any programs. So if it works like a 84+SE, and it has the capabilities of the 84+SE, it should be able to run anything the 84+SE runs. Right?

And we can always test it quite simply...

Harq: Steal the NSpire tommorow, have DCS on your calc, and transfer. Then test it out, and the delete. And maybe lock them out Wink
From Hackspire:

Quote:
Working

* Noshell : But should be tested in details

Not working

* usb8x : See USB.
* MirageOS: Makes the TI-Nspire reboot when run with at least one assembly program in memory. E-mail sent to Dan Englender, waiting for his reponse (ExtendeD 01:11, 5 August 2007 (CEST)). MirageOS 1.2 Patch now available.
So we'll wait for Harq to try it. Then we can tell them that a) its messed up and you are not working on it for the archives are in much needed repair or b) it works fine, maybe a few minor bugs.

And this is a reason I prefer TIBASIC over ASM- its gotta work on the 83+ family and NSpire, I hope.
She is not going to let me load it on =P

Someone go buy one Very Happy
Awww.... 30 seconds. Ask her if you can see it for, um, experimental transfering purposes. That way you can make sure that if she makes a program on the NSpire, it can be sent to the rest of the class. Or BS something like that.
congrats!
Meh, Had DCS6.1 for a almost 2 hours and then it crashed when trying to run some BASIC programs. I like Mirage better anyway ^^,

I think I'll add on Mirage and NoShell.

Then I'll put my programs back on and hope it doesn't delete the three programs I finish making with in the first 2 hours of putting it on my calc. XD

Sorry Kerm, but I've always had problems with DCS Crashing >.<"

Anyway, I might go and start learning ASM now that I'm back to calc programming ^^,
swivelgames wrote:
Meh, Had DCS6.1 for a almost 2 hours and then it crashed when trying to run some BASIC programs. I like Mirage better anyway ^^,

I think I'll add on Mirage and NoShell.

Then I'll put my programs back on and hope it doesn't delete the three programs I finish making with in the first 2 hours of putting it on my calc. XD

Sorry Kerm, but I've always had problems with DCS Crashing >.<"

Anyway, I might go and start learning ASM now that I'm back to calc programming ^^,
No worries; everyone has their own preference. I hope you decide to try it again some time. Smile
DoorsCS doesn't work on the Nspire, and neither does anything else that uses undocumented instructions, because TI sucks like that. It's a minor fix for most programs, hence the need for a patch for MirageOS 1.2.
brandonw wrote:
DoorsCS doesn't work on the Nspire, and neither does anything else that uses undocumented instructions, because TI sucks like that. It's a minor fix for most programs, hence the need for a patch for MirageOS 1.2.
Hmm, if and when I make 6.2, I should specifically remove my use of the undocumented instructions to make it nSpire compatible.
swivelgames wrote:
Anyone want to list some recommended Calcware? Games? Shells? Random?

DocDE6(No not putting DCS on!), BangBang 4.3, ZTris, tifreak's Sprite2Hex
That reminds me, I need to add the find function for DDE6. Maybe I'll consider a find/replace, too, although that would be substantially more complex.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours