Awesome work, Kerm.
Hehe, thanks, everyone. I'm working on setting up some mysql tables and backend php scripts to support the client.
/me bows to Kerm's greatness

Nice job Kerm!
A lot of us already have custom titles (And you can't take that away from me *sob*)

And if someone really wanted to they could copy the linky for the userbar Razz (unless you made it dynamic...)
Harq wrote:
A lot of us already have custom titles (And you can't take that away from me *sob*)

And if someone really wanted to they could copy the linky for the userbar Razz (unless you made it dynamic...)
Of course I'd make it dynamic. Very Happy It wouldn't really be useful if just anyone could use it, now would it? Cool
Harq wrote:

Not everyone though.
Sting::Ray wrote:
Harq wrote:

Not everyone though.
I'd make it a secondary title, of course, so that your original custom title wouldn't get obscured.
Never mind, now I'm confused... Razz
What language are you programming the stand-alone client in? I bet your answer will be PHP even if it is not that good at desktop apps Very Happy
No, he's doing it in Visual Basic. Razz
Harq wrote:
What language are you programming the stand-alone client in? I bet your answer will be PHP even if it is not that good at desktop apps Very Happy
Who said anything about making it a desktop app? I want it to be lightweight, portable, and require no installation. Webapp ftw!
What!?!? Not in Visual Basic! I'm aghast! Razz
Why do we need a standalone client anyway? Just integrate SAXJAX so you can use an IRC client as a client.
But then there'd be no Visual Basic! Razz

Hmm, good idea The Tari.
I'm gonna go ahead and try building it; if it doesn't work out, we can try what Tari said. Smile
Sounds good. Smile
Sounds good. Smile
For the next few minutes, there might be periodic glitches as I integrate some new features. Don't worry about it. Smile
That explains all of those errors I was getting... thanks for telling me! Very Happy
KermMartian wrote:
Harq wrote:

Not everyone though.
I'd make it a secondary title, of course, so that your original custom title wouldn't get obscured.

no, do it through the rank images (the way UTI does)
KermMartian wrote:
Harq wrote:
Who said anything about making it a desktop app? I want it to be lightweight, portable, and require no installation. Webapp ftw!

Hmmm... If say, in 6 months I wanted to make a desktop version that is a standalone exe, would you give me the buttons and info? Very Happy

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours