Eh... Makes sense. Now to fix the shell...
Pugboy wrote:
Eh... Makes sense. Now to fix the shell...
I'd be interested in precisely what xLib manages to screw up so I could deal with it. I suspect it has something to do with its parser hook.
One word: cmdshadow.
xLib works, at least for the game I'm making (which uses xLib), you just have to run it twice any time you open it up in DCS.
KermMartian wrote:
So, any bugs at all to report in this beta?

Bugs, you ask? Surprised
Well, I can still edit ASM programs, and the new error system works fine, except when I interrupt a prgm using "ON" (Error 512). If I select "Goto" at that point, the curser does not appear at the error point, and when I scroll up or down, I get the menu numbers (like "1:" and "2[down arrow]") and the run indicator gets going, and bam, I end up back at DCS home.
Facts: 84+Silver, OS 2.40, I did delete the AppVar before installing Beta 3, I tried clearing the RAM to seen if it would work, but no luck.

BTW, I was going to post this in UTI, but I decided to join Cemetech Fourms today, instead Very Happy !
Even after resending the shell with no AppVars on my calc, the problem STILL occurs! I even have xLib disabled? Any clue what is happening?

Also, when I turn off the calc in DCS and turn it back on, I can scroll from a blank page in the back (behind the thetas) and up to "L".
Pugboy, can you elaborate on that?

1. ASM program editing
2. Speed up goto
3. [on] fails for goto
I should note, Kerm, from my previous post that the ON-Break and editing glitches don't occur on ALL Basic problems (just some).
jfabi82 wrote:
I should note, Kerm, from my previous post that the ON-Break and editing glitches don't occur on ALL Basic problems (just some).
Ah. Can you narrow it down at all as to whch program it happens in?
Too wierd.
I tried interrupting all of my BASIC programs w/ ON a minute ago, but it all went smoothly this time. But I guess it's still bad that it all happened in the first place. I figure that it (and the other sporatic problems I experienced w/ Beta 2) was either a conflict w/ another App or just something corrupted in the OS itself Sad . Not DCS, I'd say that. I'll have to reinstall the operating system. But for now, it works great... (Although Goto in itself IS slow) A sign that I should start using DCS for good!
Very sorry for bothering you with all of this!

EDIT: When I had the word "first" written as "1" then "st", it deleted the rest of that and the next sentence Laughing! What up w/ that?
Yeah, I'm working on the "first" thing. Very Happy Anyway, yes on the slowness, and keep trying to make it crash. Smile Has anyone else crashed the Goto?
jfabi82 wrote:
Too wierd.
I tried interrupting all of my BASIC programs w/ ON a minute ago, but it all went smoothly this time. But I guess it's still bad that it all happened in the first place. I figure that it (and the other sporatic problems I experienced w/ Beta 2) was either a conflict w/ another App or just something corrupted in the OS itself Sad . Not DCS, I'd say that. I'll have to reinstall the operating system. But for now, it works great... (Although Goto in itself IS slow) A sign that I should start using DCS for good!
Very sorry for bothering you with all of this!

EDIT: When I had the word "first" written as "1" then "st", it deleted the rest of that and the next sentence 0x5! What up w/ that?

this is not Windows XP, you shouldn't have to reinstall the OS unless the calc is bricked.
Isn't the goto slow because it has to unarchive the program first? (I've only tried with archived programs).

I mean, it can only unarchive so fast. Smile
no, its slow for the same reason the TI-OS goto is slow, it has nothing to do with being archived because the whole program is unarchived at once.
Oh. Well, then Kerm better rewrite the TI-OS! Razz
Sting::Ray wrote:
Oh. Well, then Kerm better rewrite the TI-OS! Razz

*sighs* it has nothing to do with the TI-OS, its simply a pretty hard limit to the speed of that kind of functionality due to the way the calculator works.
I misread your post. Rolling Eyes
Elf (and Storm): fear not, it's elementary to get around that speed thing. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
Elf (and Storm): fear not, it's elementary to get around that speed thing. Smile

WTF? I don't remember saying anything about this do you mean sting::ray?
TheStorm wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

WTF? I don't remember saying anything about this do you mean sting::ray?
Oops, yeah, that's what I meant. Razz

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours