Woohoo! Yesterday in comp sci, my teacher came over to me randomly and set a giant (about 8"x11") 4 function calculator by my comp and said if I wanted it, I could have it. Smile Then, today, when I went out to get in my car to leave for school, there was a TI-89 on my passenger seat. My sister graduated college this year and said I could have her calc!

I have no way to send programs to the 89, though... My 84+SE came with a usb->comp cable, but no serial->comp. A few months ago my comp sci teacher gave me a serial->parallel port cable so I was hoping I could use that. My new comp doesn't even have a parallel port, and my old comp only has a female one (and the cable is female). I guess I'm going to have to go buy one.. Sad
Well I just bought an new 83+on ebay for $40 with shipping My plan was to use it for testing ex. LIFOS. BTW you can get the USB Silverlink cables anywhere for $20.
Edit: I was out bid at the last moment so I didn't get the 83 darn. Sad
You could also get a converter for the cable that you do have (black or gray?), I think.
TheStorm wrote:
you can get the USB Silverlink cables anywhere for $20.

Yeah, but I hate spending money. I'm a total cheapskate. Smile
Build it! Evil or Very Mad
Haha, maybe I could straighten out paper clips to make a male<->male adapter for my cable. Smile
http://kvince83.tengun.net/maxboard/viewtopic.php?t=2430
heh, still doesn't compare to my amount of calcs... Razz 18 calcs ftw!! ^_^
WOw! Can I have one? Very Happy pleazzzzz Very Happy
How the heck did you get 18? and please don't tell me they are all in the 83+ family. That would be kinda creepy...
http://weregoose.unitedti.org/collage/page04.html

That is my collection Razz
I like mine Very Happy.
tifreak8x wrote:
http://weregoose.unitedti.org/collage/page04.html

That is my collection Razz

It hard to tell what model some of them are, can you give us a list.

Edit: my bad there is a list and here it is for those of you who don't want to click the link.
TI-83 Plus Silver Edition, TI-83 Plus Silver Edition, TI-89, TI-89, TI-84 Plus, TI-84 Plus Silver Edition, TI-86, TI-85, TI-92 Plus, TI-85, TI-86, TI-73, TI-81, TI-82, TI-83, TI-83, TI-83 Plus, TI-83 Plus
The list is under the picture, starting from the top left and moving right...
Whoa! You have a TI-73?! I knew about the others, but...
I wish I got free TI-89's... Rolling Eyes
foamy3 wrote:
Haha, maybe I could straighten out paper clips to make a male<->male adapter for my cable. Smile

I would still suggest the silver link...

But an I/O cable is easy to make, just pick up two 2.5mm stereo jacks from radio shack or similar.
Sting::Ray wrote:
I wish I got free TI-89's... Rolling Eyes

I just use TiEmu for all my free 68Ks.

[ EDIT ]
Hunderedeth post!
It's just not quite the same though. Neutral

But yeah, better than nothing! Smile
Xphoenix wrote:
Whoa! You have a TI-73?! I knew about the others, but...

Actually, I have an 73 emulator (TI SDK hehehe...), and its really wierd... Same basic idea as a 83+, just wierd layout and controls...

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours