For those of you who don't know it: it's like tetris + space invaders at the same time. Best arcade shooter ever. Link:
http://goosey.info/Personal_InvalidTangram.php

Anyway, I'm considering making a slightly stripped-down port. I'd leave in power, speed, and multishot powerups; I'd remove the tracking shot. I'd have two of the three enemies, and of course 3 instead of 4 types of blocks. If I decide I want to go through with this, I'd obviously have to ask the original guy for permission. Mockup:

Kerm, you have no idea how sweet that would be if you made it. Cool
Yup i agree with harrierfalcon. Those mockups also look really nice.
Ditto.
Lolz, that would be hard playing Tetris and trying to fight evil space _______ <insert better word for enemies> at the same time... but on the other hand it would be fun and a challenge...
Give the computer version a try and see if you can beat my highscore - it's 247,000.
Wow, I'm officially addicted to the pc version now. Smile I definitely support you in your decision to port it.
So... much... hit detection...

If you can pull that off and complete it, that would be really awesome.
haveacalc wrote:
So... much... hit detection...

If you can pull that off and complete it, that would be really awesome.
Yeeeah, that's the one thing that might be a major problem. :/
I agree, it would be awesome if you made this for the TI-83+/TI-84+.
/me sees collision detection nightmare

My highscore is 1,763,700. Razz
Harrierfalcon wrote:
/me sees collision detection nightmare

My highscore is 1,763,700. Razz
Yeah, because you triggered cheat mode. Razz Any idea what the keystrokes are to do that? I've only managed to do it by accident.
The mockups look sweet Kerm. I wish you luck on making this game, I just wish I could something like this... I need to learn ASM first though.
Oh.. Rolling Eyes

I don't know.

Go button mashing!!! Laughing

How do you know you are in cheat mode Wink?
Harrierfalcon wrote:
Oh.. Rolling Eyes

I don't know.

Go button mashing!!! 0x5

How do you know you are in cheat mode Wink?
Seriously? You didn't know you were in cheatz mode? Your ship was white and you had four full rows of colors to start, righT?
Uhhh...no. I wasn't in cheat mode... My ship was black.
Harrierfalcon wrote:
Uhhh...no. I wasn't in cheat mode... My ship was black.
Aha! I figured it out! Start playing, get hit, and your ship flashes white. Hit escape twice while it's white, and you'll be in cheat mode.

Oh, by the way, my high was 2,47n,nnn. I had the decimal in the wrong place. Smile
Since I have a non-Intel Mac and can't get Darwine to work, I'm stuck with my knowledge of the game being limited to what I can see on the YouTube video. Tell me if I've gotten this right: Different-colored blocks fall down and stack on top of each other. You can position the ship among the groups of different colors. Then, if you shoot a ship of the same color, all those blocks die (along with the ship). Then, I guess you get power-ups for getting lots of block combos or something.
With the cheat:
Score: 7,121,900
Stage 74
1800 enemies killed.

haveacalc: Not quite. When you kill a ship of a certain color, a block of that color falls onto the pile. If you hover the circle at the bottom of the ship over a group of two or more blocks and press [shift], they disappear and you get the powerup associated with that color. Makes sense?
Then... you just die by being hit by a ship or its bullet?
You lose time when your hit with bullets, and when your out of time you lose. I don't believe hitting a ship does anything.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours