Maybe not the greatest pics in the world, but here they are:

edit:

$50 worth of gas in my truck == 5 days, 250 miles...
$50 worth of gas in my bike == 31 days, 720 miles
Very nice!
Nice indeed. 'tis rather a pity that I'm stuck with a 1993 (or is it '94?) Toyota Corolla, but at least it's free.
Yeah, but how much does it cost you in gas between fill ups, and how many miles do you get out of each tank?
Psh, I'd take my '93 Jeep Cherokee over that motorcycle any day Razz. But hey, if you like it, who cares what others think, right?

As for the gas, I get about 15 MPG (city)
Heh, I think I will hang on to my 70mpg that I am getting Razz

And you might rethink just having the jeep cherokee when gas hits $4.00 a gallon like they said it is supposed to by the end of the summer... :/

/me starts chanting: "Death to petroleum executives!!"
You know, I *would*, however gas is still under $3 per gallon here, AND my parents still pay for my gas, insurance, and repairs - so for me its completely free Wink.
lucky you, gas here is $3.20 a gallon, was $3.59 a gallon when I got my bike a month ago, which is why I got it.
tifreak8x wrote:

edit:
$50 worth of gas in my bike == 31 days, 720 miles

motorcycles are crazy with mileage!
i didn't know they could do that much! wow.

$20 worth of gas in my Prius== 31+ days, 700+ miles
What year Prius, my mom's 2004 only gets about 50 mpg of 500 mile per tank.
The Tari wrote:
Nice indeed. 'tis rather a pity that I'm stuck with a 1993 (or is it '94?) Toyota Corolla, but at least it's free.

Dude, you don't even know. I am getting a 1990 volvo 240. Plus my sister soiled it by spilling drinks and driving too hard. Oh well, at times like these, it is better to embrace the crappyness and like it then sit there and whine about it. That's how I look at it.
tifreak8x wrote:
Maybe not the greatest pics in the world, but here they are:

So that's what you look like...

How old are you? I probably knew at one point in time, but I forgot.
23 I think.
clementop wrote:
$20 worth of gas in my Prius== 31+ days, 700+ miles

I'm guessing you either don't have a Prius or don't fill it up yourself then... Toyota claims 55 MPG for the Prius (combined), and it has an 11.9 gallon tank. Lets assume gas is $3/gallon, $20 in gas is ~6.7 gallons, which will only give you under 370 miles, no where near your 700 miles claim. Days, on the other hand, is rather vague. I mean, $25 in my Jeep will last me 2-3 weeks, but only ~120 miles, as although I drive almost every day, I don't have to drive very far. So your 31+ days claim could be true, but that doesn't mean all that much Very Happy.
I don't drive mine on Wednesdays and Saturdays, due to news papers.. <.<

But otherwise, I put at least 15 miles a day on my bike, but normally more...
Yeah I was thinking the same thing because like I said my mom has a 2004 Prius and she gets around 50 mpg(calculated, that is not an estimate) and pays at least $30 to fill the tank.
haveacalc: oops, missed your post, yeah, that is my ugly, fat arse. Razz

And yes, I am 23 years old, will turn 24 this november.
Man my car eats the crap out of gas. I only get 200 miles to the tank and have to fill once every week.
You also have to realize gas is not the quality it once was, now it has 11% contamination in it, from chemical manufacturers that try to get rid of stuff... Pretty much, if it is combustable, they mix it in with the gas.
I wouldn't call mixing ethanol with gasoline "contaminating" it - I'd call it stretching the available amount of gasoline. Its not going to affect your mileage, nor will it decrease your performance. Thats why there is a push for E85 - 85% of it is grown and therefore renewable. So in that regard, I would say that a mixture of gasoline and ethanol is of *higher* quality, as it uses less gasoline and burns cleaner.

Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours