some18kanal0n3 wrote:
I'm having second guesses about updating now. What if a game requires FW3.10+ and you have 3.10 OE-A/B or 3.03 OE-C? Gotta get all zeh facts =P (So far as of 2/9/07, all games that come with a Update via UMD, are 2.82. So... yeah...

Devhook man, devhook! Or haven't you heard of devhook? If you haven't, it basically redirects any calls to flash0 and flash1 to a location on the memory stick, basically allowing you to run almost any firmware version (the official sony ones, I mean) straight from the memory stick without "installing" it. Its yet another layer of protection against brickage Smile

@Kerm: Uh... you are an admin, why can't you split it?
Isn't devHook for lower firmwares (1.0/5 ideally?) so you can play games requiring higher firmwares (or get features of higher firmwares? Besides, I'd have to downgrade so (1) thats a possible bricking and (2) no downgrader for 3.10. =/ and (3) (not a reason really) wouldn't I have to carry around every eboot for each FW? Thats a lot of space... So I can boot to that FW. I'll look for my source on this, 90% sure its on PSP-Vault.
a... oh well. I guess I'll look around for dead TI's, then. I'm in high school, so there have to be a few somewhere.

[offtopic]Seriously, get your own topic if you really want to talk about PSP stuff. This isn't even the right forum.[/offtopic]
some18kanal0n3 wrote:
Isn't devHook for lower firmwares (1.0/5 ideally?) so you can play games requiring higher firmwares (or get features of higher firmwares? Besides, I'd have to downgrade so (1) thats a possible bricking and (2) no downgrader for 3.10. =/ and (3) (not a reason really) wouldn't I have to carry around every eboot for each FW? Thats a lot of space... So I can boot to that FW. I'll look for my source on this, 90% sure its on PSP-Vault.

no, not at all. You can just have the firmware's you want to "emulate". I can have my 3.03 firmware dev-hooking an official 3.03 firmware. The initial point of it was so that 1.5 users could have the newest official firmware (such as dev-hoooking 2.71 on 1.5), but now you can have your modified firmware sitting on the memory stick, and just dev-hook it (eg, the one with custom fonts and gameboots where a brick isn't possible). Then just have the dark_alex custom firmware auto-start devhook so that its as seamless as possible, and you have a totally tricked out firmware without ever writing to flash

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 4 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours