I had an idea for an SE that would use BrandonW's run app program. Could someone make a SE that makes a folder containing programs that will run the apps on your calc, what do you guys think and @ Brandonw is this even possible?
I think this is a great idea! It would make it so you would almost never have to exit DCS, besides when you need to send something.
Well... if you run MOS from this you can then send stuff.
That runapp thing was for some post on United TI, they wanted to run an application from a BASIC program.

I know nothing about DoorsCS or these SEs, so I don't know what they're capable of. I'm also not sure what you're asking...you want to be able to run applications from DoorsCS, just as you run programs?

As far as sending/receiving things, a simple call to GetKey would allow you to transfer any variables to it through silent linking. Sometimes it can exit the application and return to the homescreen, though, especially with receiving Flash applications, so if that did happen, you'd want to install an app change hook or similar to regain control.
brandonw wrote:
you want to be able to run applications from DoorsCS, just as you run programs?

Yes this is what I was thinking, like maybe it would create a folder that would contain these programs.
This wouldn't work well as an SE - just make it a normal program with an icon that's a folder; name it APPS or something.
Yeah, I don't think it would either. I would suggest just firing up the APPS menu with keyhooks, or writing it yourself (which isn't as tedious as it might seem).
I'd do that if I knew asm better so maybe after I finish 28 days.
Where are you in it?
I haven't looked at it in a while so I'm not sure my plan was to use it as reading material after my exams this week.
TheStorm wrote:
I had an idea for an SE that would use BrandonW's run app program. you could make a SE that makes a folder containing programs that will run the apps on your calc what do you guys thing and @ Brandonw is this even possible?

I think you are missing some punctuation and capitalization in there, along with some misspellings....
KermMartian wrote:
This wouldn't work well as an SE - just make it a normal program with an icon that's a folder; name it APPS or something.

could you give me the hexcode of the folder icon?
0000 38F0 4708 801C 80E2 8702 8804 5004 5004 5004 5008 5030 33C0 3C00 0000 0000
That should be right if not tell me cuz I did all in my head. Smile
Disclaimer: This icon and associated hex code may only be used in programs expressly written for Doors CS. All other uses, including use in other shells, are only allowed via EXPRESS written permission from the author.

Code:
FolderIcon:
   .db $00,$00,$38,$F0,$47,$08,$80,$1C
   .db $80,$E2,$87,$02,$88,$04,$50,$04
   .db $50,$04,$50,$04,$50,$08,$50,$30
   .db $33,$C0,$3C,$00,$00,$00,$00,$00
I've made an edit to brandonw's code to make runapp hidden, and I've made a BASIC program to ask the user for the name of the app and run it. I was going to post an attachment here, but I don't know how.
You can't attach on cemetech, but you can upload it to the archives and then make a link to the file.
Kerm, how hard would it be to enable attaching files smaller than about 10 kb to posts?
Harq wrote:
Kerm, how hard would it be to enable attaching files smaller than about 10 kb to posts?

phpBB attachmod Wink
rax14207 wrote:
I think this is a great idea! It would make it so you would almost never have to exit DCS, besides when you need to send something.

Or if you're actually going to use the calculator as a calculator... Rolling Eyes
Sting::Ray wrote:
rax14207 wrote:
Or if you're actually going to use the calculator as a calculator... Rolling Eyes

Why on earth would you use a calculator as a calculator? That's just crazy... Laughing

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours