iPaint is an art program for DCS6.1.2 and up. It currently only handles editing of iPaint Associated Program files, however in the works is import/export capability for TI-OS pic variables, DCS desktop backgrounds, and RIGView, as well as a standalone executable format that you can use as titlescreens.

controls:
[2nd] pixel-on
[alpha] pixel-off
[mode] pixel-change
[clear] exit menu

screenshot (for some reason this plays at about 1/2 speed):

iPaint beta 1
Can has much win! I just want to point out that it _works_ for lower versions of Doors CS, but the mouse movement will not be ideal.
not works for 6.0 due to nastiness with the cursor editor and the cancel button.
elfprince13 wrote:
not works for 6.0 due to nastiness with the cursor editor and the cancel button.
Ah, that's a good point.

This works in any version of Doors CS 6.1 or higher, including the betas. Very Happy
Good program, Elfprince13! I really like it. Smile
looks good!
He plans to add maybe a line tool, bucket tool, and the import and export tools.
KermMartian wrote:
He plans to add maybe a line tool, bucket tool, and the import and export tools.

also, possibly some shape tools, and of course grayscale support
that would be a very nice app!
i wouldn't mind bucket at all! i hate having to fill in every pixel when i draw
and grayscale would make it extremely beautiful and professional
--hats off to you
I think that would pwn the TI-OS in the face. Smile My only concern is how well grayscale might play with the DCS GUIMouse routine - you'd have to at least ensure that Cn2 was disabled to make it play nice.
KermMartian wrote:
I think that would pwn the TI-OS in the face. Smile My only concern is how well grayscale might play with the DCS GUIMouse routine - you'd have to at least ensure that Cn2 was disabled to make it play nice.

hmm, we'll cross that bridge when we get there.
I'm completely happy with black and white, but if you added grayscale, that would be GREAT. Very Happy
Grayscale would be cool, but I think that exporting as a TI-PIC Var would be much more useful, and grayscale wouldn't play nice with that.

Of course, just an opinion. I'm not telling you how to write your program. Very Happy

Btw, is it opensource?
Obviously you wouldn't be able to export into TI-Pics pictures that had grayscale! Rolling Eyes
Sting::Ray wrote:
Obviously you wouldn't be able to export into TI-Pics pictures that had grayscale! Rolling Eyes

That's what I just said.
foamy3 wrote:

That's what I just said.
I think he was (somewhat unnecessarily) paraphrasing for emphasis. As elfprince said, let's cross that bridge when we come to it. So elfprince, what's the plan? What are you going to work on first?
foamy3 wrote:
Grayscale would be cool, but I think that exporting as a TI-PIC Var would be much more useful, and grayscale wouldn't play nice with that.

Of course, just an opinion. I'm not telling you how to write your program. Very Happy

Btw, is it opensource?

You can make a pic var as big as you want, but the TI-OS won't display it :p

and it will be opensource come final release.
foamy3 wrote:

I guess I understood you wrong. I thought you were saying that you would rather have Export capabilities than grayscale. Sorry if I annoyed you.
foamy3 wrote:

I guess I understood you wrong. I thought you were saying that you would rather have Export capabilities than grayscale. Sorry if I annoyed you.

I was saying I would rather have exporting capabilities than grayscale. Very Happy
Ugh, I resign. Razz

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours