Groene07 wrote:
0x5...This is why I shouldn't make a game. Razz I can't even spell one of two main words going to be on the main menu. Razz
Other than that spelling error, though, it sounds like a fun premise to me...
Well, mine entry probably won't be as good as it could be, for several reasons:
  1. Zayo killed itself, I was forced to Mem clear and lose it.
  2. I have to finish Metroid Pi by the end of this week, which might not be as hard as I though if I don't add another hidden objective. I suppose that part could come later.
  3. I need a good, original idea. Not my best of strengths.
KermMartian wrote:
Sting::Ray wrote:
I'll stay out for now; but I'll maybe compete in the next one, depending on what it is. Smile
Why? No time for this contest, or simply not interested in the topic that we chose?

Heck, I voted for platformer; before I enter in a competition I need to get better at programming... I started in January of this year. Evil or Very Mad

Maybe I could try a platformer though... (I've got a small idea) Rolling Eyes
I'm finished woth the engine, but making the levels is something horrible booring stuff.
Almost their... With my game 90% complete it looks like it's shaping up to be awesome. I wrote in pure basic, quickly and poorly. Up until the due date I'm gonna optimize, recode, and enhance... Wish me luck. Rolling Eyes
ryansimbalist wrote:
Almost their... With my game 90% complete it looks like it's shaping up to be awesome. I wrote in pure basic, quickly and poorly. Up until the due date I'm gonna optimize, recode, and enhance... Wish me luck. Rolling Eyes

Um the contest ended in 2007 sorry but you just made a necropost in an old contest thread....
ryansimbalist wrote:
*blinks*

We have a contest going?

@TheStorm: No no, but we never graded this contest. This might be a good idea!
Wow man I feel dumb. Surprised You guys need to do some more contest. Why don't we restart this unfinished contest
ryansimbalist wrote:
Wow man I feel dumb. Surprised You guys need to do some more contest. Why don't we restart this unfinished contest
I wouldn't be adverse to that idea at all, what do you guys think?
I'm horribly out of practice, but I'm pretty bored this summer. I wouldn't mind giving it a go.
This could work out, though I do seem to find my Cemetech time dwindling a lot it seems. Maybe time to pass the torch on.
rivereye wrote:
This could work out, though I do seem to find my Cemetech time dwindling a lot it seems. Maybe time to pass the torch on.
Who can you think of to pass the contest torch to?
When would the new deadline be?
KermMartian wrote:
rivereye wrote:
Who can you think of to pass the contest torch to?

*nudge nudge* Evil or Very Mad

@Sage: Let's figure out what the contest will be before coming up with a deadline. I figure everybody gets one month to work.
Tari: If you'd like to take over as contest master, I'd be happy with that; you've shown yourself to be responsible and good with deadlines.
Meh, that's cool. I was just assuming that we would just restart this one. Were the entries sent in but never graded or never announced or whst?
Did any get sent in? I know we didn't have much interest in the contest..

At any rate, I think we want to re-vote on a whole new contest, rather than reviving an old one.
The Tari wrote:
Did any get sent in? I know we didn't have much interest in the contest..

At any rate, I think we want to re-vote on a whole new contest, rather than reviving an old one.
All in favor say aye. If there's significant debate of some sort, I'll start a poll.
Aye.

I think there should be a poll or something with some different genres. Platformers in BASIC are inherently slow and dumb. I mean, you could still make an action game, but constant moving backgrounds and stuff are just physically draining on a 15mhz processor in an unoptimized interpreted language...
Aye.

I was just uninformed as to what happened and why this died. I'm up for just about anything, including a platformer. At least to see what people come up with. Pushing the limits is essentially what BASIC is about.

BTW, CONTRA and Metroid II are pretty fast, in pure and extended BASIC respectively.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 8 of 9
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours