Code:
if(spriteprogress/.4==completed){
System.out.println("Yes, ma'am.")
byte of_a_cheeseburger=more;
keep_on_truckin(byte_of_a_cheeseburger);}

Yes, ma'am.
rivereye wrote:
basically, if you jump from a platform to platform, and have side scrolling in some way, you should be good.

Does the platforms HAVE to be sepperated? or can they be more floor-like?
If they werent seperated, that would be like 1 big platform, which is the equivilent of no platform... But I dunno.
i think he means walls connecting one floor to another.
Hmm... I think I have an idea... but if I attempt it there is 50% chance I won't be able to finish on time (as aposed to now where there is a 25% chance Smile).
I know what I will do if I do it at all, and I have a simple system for generating the platforms (originally it was going to be really complicated and be generated at the beginning of each level. It was somewhat ingenious method of storing the levels, but I bet it would have been really slow...)

Is it ok if we use time fuctions in the programs?
I would love to enter this competition....But I think there should be a basic contest, and a asm one...Not in the same, because I believe many of us are at a disadvantage on this one.
Groene07 wrote:
I would love to enter this competition....But I think there should be a basic contest, and a asm one...Not in the same, because I believe many of us are at a disadvantage on this one.
...read the article, bro. The judging is separate for the two separate sections.
yes, I will be judging them separately so there will be two winners of this contest.
Razz ...Sorry, I re-read it (somehow I missed the second paragraph the first time Confused )

well...I'll compete, even though there's no chance I'll win...*sigh* I'm not very good at games Sad
hey, now don't say that, you have just as much of a shot as everyone else. If you put a lot of effort into it, it will show.
rivereye wrote:
hey, now don't say that, you have just as much of a shot as everyone else. If you put a lot of effort into it, it will show.
Seconded forcefully. Also, we need as many contestants as we can get.
I'll stay out for now; but I'll maybe compete in the next one, depending on what it is. Smile
Sting::Ray wrote:
I'll stay out for now; but I'll maybe compete in the next one, depending on what it is. Smile
Why? No time for this contest, or simply not interested in the topic that we chose?
Quote:

I say this because I've royally failed at every game I've ever tried to make... Sad I might give Super Senor another chance though, seeing as I learned how to use Xlib correctly.
Pure BASIC or pure ASM only.
I know. I wasn't relating to the contest.

Super Senor is a game where you're put in the shoes a a super senor (Failed senor year once before) and the only way you can pass is to pass the last exam of the year in math. You have three days before the test, but you must use your time wisely. You have to juggle between studying, sleeping, going to class, and working if you want to have any chance to pass the test. You can study alone or with a tutor. (Each having their own effects on your status points.) You can cheat, but you have the possibility of getting caught. You can skip class the day of the final, but once again you could be seen sneaking out, and you'll either have to give yourself up...or run to various areas of the building. (Each having different effects on whether or not you get caught, and what your consequence will be.) At the beginning of the game you don't have the necessary materials pass the test. (Calculator, pencil, etc...) and you'll have to work in order to get the money. When you either run out of time, or decide to take the test early, you answer a few random math related questions...This will effect one portion of the final grading system. The other is based off of your intelligence points gained throughout the game. If you get above a 50% you pass high school. A high score system will be developed to keep final grades, and the students name.

Sorry if that was hard to read through...I'm not really sure on alot of the fine details.
"Senior." The word is "senior," not "senor." Razz
lol...This is why I shouldn't make a game. Razz I can't even spell one of two main words going to be on the main menu. Razz
I am still in the process of creating the engine. Once i get it going though development of the rest of the game will be quick and painless.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 7 of 9
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours