I could add gravity to my "tilegame" and make it REALLY REALLY slow, instead of "REALLY slow" as it is today. Razz

Quote:
third what's wrong with two pixles, 'The Game' had only one

forgot that J/k thing...
Well my game has gravity with the acceleration of 1P/L.( 1 pixel per loop) Smile I also have drag which can be increased to simulate wind.
man, seems like I am going to have some fun here.

As the guy edited his posts to combine them, I removed the extra ones now.
Yay, I finished half the level decompressor in school today.
Can't wait to see your entry! Smile

I like things with external levels.
rivereye wrote:
As the guy edited his posts to combine them, I removed the extra ones now.

It should be an option to delete entrys for peoples who added them.

Oh Confused ... there is already one... weeeeell... Laughing ... Smile ... Confused ... Sad ...

My game uses a weird tequnich for the gravity, I'll tell it after the contest.
BTW, I have finished over half the levels of my game.
KermMartian wrote:
The Tari wrote:
My idea involves projectile physics. 'nuff said.

What are the guidelines for assembly entries? Any specific shell it must run under/guidelines for routines which may be used?
No specific shell. z80 calculators (TI-82/83/83+/84+) are all applicable.

Hi, im new to cemetch. I'm considering taking part in this contest, and i was wondering if we could make a program for the 86 since it's part of the Z80 family.
BASIC or Assembly, you mean?
rivereye wrote:
All entries will be graded on an 84+ SE, so keep this in consideration. The contest is open to pure BASIC and pure ASM (no BASIC + ASM libraries).

my *guess* would be not, but we'll wait and see if Kerm or Rivereye have access to an 86.
Hmmm...I wasn't originally wasn't going to enter, but...I might as well. I can submit a project I already started before the contest was announced, right?
haveacalc wrote:
BASIC or Assembly, you mean?

Assembly
the only problem is, I don't have access to an 86, so sorry there.

and bfr: it would be an advantage, I would prefer if you start on a new one.
That's not very fair though. Harrrierfalcon's been working on Metroid Pi for a while. Calc84maniac had been working on Project M a week before the contest started. Sure, it puts the rest of us at a disadvantage, but the whole point of the contest is to produce good games, right?
For everybody who not are sure what a game MUST contain to be a platformer, here is some info I found on Wikipedia. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Platform_game):

Platform game, or platformer, is a video game genre characterized by jumping to and from suspended platforms or over obstacles. It must be possible to control these jumps and to fall from platforms or miss jumps. The most common unifying element to these games is a jump button, but there are exceptions; other jump mechanics include swinging from extendable arms, as in Ristar or Bionic Commando, or bouncing from springboards or trampolines, as in Alpha Waves. Games where jumping is automated completely, such as The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, fall outside of the genre.
Well, that's completely incorrect. Pitfall! is a classic retro platformer, and one in which jumps cannot be controlled in midair. The same goes for Mario Brothers.

Edit: Shame on BBcode! It wouldn't let me use a text caption for the [url] tag with "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pitfall!". When just pasting http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pitfall! alone, it leaves out the exclamation point.
haveacalc wrote:
Well, that's completely incorrect. Pitfall! is a classic retro platformer, and one in which jumps cannot be controlled in midair. The same goes for Mario Brothers.

In the games you list, you can controll the jumps SOME by choose to run or stand still before jumping. That is enough to call it a platform game.
Your modified definition still excludes this from being a platformer, but it actually is a platformer.
haveacalc wrote:
Your modified definition still excludes [url=http://foon.co.uk//farcade/<font color=red>censored</font>-games/small.swf]this[/url] from being a platformer, but it actually is a platformer.

Well, I found the deffenition on wikipedia. Everybody has their own limit for what a platform game is or not, there is also a lot of games who are on the edge between platformer or not platformer. but if you are making one, I suggest you try to follow the defenition to be on the safe side.
I'm still brainstorming for ideas. I'm just thankful that we have 'till the end of July.
Do you know if the objects in the game have to be ALL platforms, or can you make like a cave?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 4 of 9
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours