I'm not saying a fast platformer is impossible. I'm just saying it's an extremely difficult task to accomplish in a competitive amount of time. And I really wouldn't say 'pushing the limit' is what BASIC is all about. BASIC is all about solving math problems. We just use it for things it wasn't built to accomplish.
... I'm not going to get into this so... whatever... yes. Any ideas for a new genre?
I think puzzle would be a good competition category. Speed isn't as horrible as an issue and it allows for TONS of originality.
foamy3 wrote:
I think puzzle would be a good competition category. Speed isn't as horrible as an issue and it allows for TONS of originality.
Puzzle is always a good one in my opinion because it permits a fairly large breadth of interpretation.
I think puzzle or arcade would be good for this new contest. I'm kind of sad though because now my awesome basic platformer will not have a chance to win...oh well.
ryansimbalist wrote:
I think puzzle or arcade would be good for this new contest. I'm kind of sad though because now my awesome basic platformer will not have a chane to win...oh well.
There will always be other contests; I think since you made it for this contest, we could make an exception to the rules and let you enter it. Very Happy

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 9 of 9
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours