Well, it surprisingly still works, but it has a slight problem. When asking for the password upon startup, it displays it on two lines.

http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/341/34151.html

Throw that on DCS and see if that doesn't mess up for you when asking for the password...

Edit: Oh yeah, you need to have them move that file and the other one that is in that folder to the DCS folder...
TheStorm wrote:
I found this at ticalc and it was made by Kerm does it work?
[Doors CS 4.9+] Password Protection v1.2

Super Speler wrote:
I assume it works if he uploaded it to ticalc.org.

TheStorm wrote:
Note the Doors CS 4.9+.

KermMartian wrote:
Don't get me wrong, it *works* with DCS6 (as in, it doesn't crash) but it doesn't function to lock people out properly anymore. Smile

TheStorm wrote:
Yeah I just tried it on wabbitemu it doesn't do any thing you just press enter and you through.
Um, all you did was quote other people. Confused
Sting::Ray wrote:
If you notice, he was merging the duplicate topic that was deleted into this topic. He did a rather good job imo.
Sting::Ray wrote:

Xphoenix wrote:
This is usually done to show to a careless person that the point that they posted or that their 'idea' was already mentioned. Mainly to embarrass people, or to be humorous.

Just Joking. I didn't actually post that, but you get the point.
Ugh, I resign. Rolling Eyes
I'm working on my own password protection SE (currently weighing in at ~450 bytes), which uses the GUI system, but it's also nearly immune to 'hacking' (looking at the appvar in CalcSys), since it stores the MD5 hash (with the MD5-related bcalls) of the password, rather than the password itself.
o.O That is a GREAT idea for the calc =D

Kinda off topic... but this reminds me of the quantum entanglement topic, and how it could theoretically be used to create unbreakable codes

On another topics, it would be interesting to have a minicontest to see who can create the best encrypter, simple to to, but hard to do well (most people just build a simple cipher. For some reason I feel like making an on calc enigma (the way the real thing works is 3 wheels that move the letters and then a circuit board so if the result is, say, h, and there is a wire form h to j, j is output =P) Actually, scratch that, just look it up on wiki =P
I also had an idea for a program encryptor, which would involve some standard cryptographic hash (RSA, etc) and use a password as the encryption key. I like the idea of a minicontest, too.
The Tari wrote:
I'm working on my own password protection SE (currently weighing in at ~450 bytes), which uses the GUI system, but it's also nearly immune to 'hacking' (looking at the appvar in CalcSys), since it stores the MD5 hash (with the MD5-related bcalls) of the password, rather than the password itself.
Aha! And how is that working out for you so far?
Not very well (buggy enough it won't even take input), but I haven't had any time to debug at all.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours