Two questions-
-How do I move a document from my calculator to my computer?
-Can I put a file make on DocDE on my computer and make it a text file and vice versa?
Hey welcome to cemetech.
1. You would use a linking program like ti-connect or tilp
2. You can convert a .txt file to a docde file but I do not belive you can convert back.
Let me see if I can find the link to the converter.
The converter is at http://www.cemetech.net/projects/docde6
Thanks, it works perfectly for .txt-.8xp, but it can't do .8xp-.txt. Thanks for the link.
Glad I we could help and again welcome.
Kerm, how long would it take to make the txt.->calc converter calc->txt.?
42 wrote:
Thanks, it works perfectly for .txt-.8xp, but it can't do .8xp-.txt. Thanks for the link.
That's incorrect. Pseudo: you're an idiot. Laughing
Pseudoprogrammer wrote:
Kerm, how long would it take to make the txt.->calc converter calc->txt.?

It already converts between .txt and .8xp (both ways)... And why are you putting the period after the extension? its .txt, not txt.. Razz
Both ways? I didn't know this this makes life alot easier. I can work on homework on calc and then print it off sweet.
TheStorm wrote:
Both ways? I didn't know this this makes life alot easier. I can work on homework on calc and then print it off sweet.
Duh, that's the whole point of it. Razz
TheStorm wrote:
Both ways? I didn't know that, this makes life a lot easier. I can work on homework on calc and then print it off. Sweet.

"alot" isn't a word, and you are missing some punctuation and capitalization.
TheStorm wrote:

That is, until your teachers start yelling at you Laughing .
This WOULD solve my continuous no-paper problem though. Although, I'd still need a guide that tells me what key presses yield what characters (glances at Kerm and then to his computer)
Here, this should help out figuring which keys do what:
http://dcs.cemetech.net/index.php?title=Text_Input

Sorry, I assumed by Storm's post that he was correct and there was no calc->txt converter. I even have a sticker on my wall that says 'thou shall not assume'...
Ok, I think I know why it didn't work for me: I tried to convert Tetris to text (it was right next to "Test," which is what I called the doc) , which just gave me a lot of gibberish. Thanks for making this, it's going to help me a lot in Study Hall.

EDIT: Ok, I've just done my French homework on my calc; let's see if it works...
42 wrote:
Ok, I think I know why it didn't work for me: I tried to convert Tetris to text (it was right next to "Test," which is what I called the doc) , which just gave me a lot of gibberish. Thanks for making this, it's going to help me a lot in Study Hall.
Good deal. I should actually make it check the filetype tag and reject it if it's not a DocDE document...
KermMartian wrote:
Good deal. I should actually make it check the filetype tag and reject it if it's not a DocDE document...

Ditto for .txt files - just check to see if the contents are plain-text or not (I tried using a .sh file and it rejected it, stupid converter Razz )
How could I check if any file was plaintext regardless of its contents?
KermMartian wrote:
How could I check if any file was plaintext regardless of its contents?

You could just assume it was plain text Very Happy. Or you could also just run through the file and check that each byte is a printable ASCII character.
Meh, I suppose. I guess I'll go ahead and do that some time this week.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours