Kllrnohj wrote:
11) PROOFREAD YOUR GODDAMN POSTS!

Sorry, but I really think this one needs some emphasis. Very Happy
12) Don't quote for emphasis. There is no need to make someone waste time reading a quote when nothing is said afterwards.
I agree with foamy. Quoting should either be used when posts come between a response and the post it's responding to or when someone is making a particular point about that post (when "Sie sind ein Grammer Nazi")
foamy3 wrote:
12) Don't quote for emphasis. There is no need to make someone waste time reading a quote when nothing is said afterwards.

Quoted for emphasis (or maybe just a poor attempt at humor . . . )
foamy3 wrote:

Ditto for 'I am too lazy to actually make my own post so instead I quote people and then don't say anything new' - Elf, its getting old, and its getting annoying - you can stop now Razz.
[noob] I am too lazy to actually make my own post so instead I quote people and then don't say anything new? [/noob]
I think we need to list off the acceptable chatspeak shorthands
13) Necroposting is only allowed when something that is useful is added to the thread. Necroposting is when the thread has been inactive for about a week. Moderatrs will choose when it is necroposting or not if it is a problematic post, where some could argue it adds to the thread when others argue it does not.
14) No letting tifreak8x multipost Laughing Just Joking
KeithJohansen wrote:
14) No letting tifreak8x multipost 0x5 Just Joking

Lemme make this more general:

14) No doubleposting unless there is a reason, like a thread of your for projects ahs had no new posts in 4 days. You are allowed to post, just if its like in a 1-hour time period, just change the post using the "EDIT" button.
TIfreak is allowed to multipost, he can't help it.
alex10819 wrote:

Can you not see the joking smilies? T'was a joke.
That is kind of what I said. If the poster has a legitimate reason of the ones I stated above, its basically OK. It's really to the discretion of the mods.
KeithJohansen wrote:
alex10819 wrote:

Can you not see the joking smilies? T'was a joke.

Did you not smell the sarcasm? 'twas a sarcastic statement. Or maybe you just misunderestimated me (GWB word)
alex10819 wrote:
That should be a semicolon, not a comma. Semicolons separate things that can be full sentences on their own but are related ideas. Commas separate related ideas that are phrases but not sentences.
alex10819 wrote:
Did you not smell the sarcasm? 'twas a sarcastic statement. Or maybe you just misunderestimated me (GWB word)

I'm mentally incapable of perceiving sarcasm >>
Kerm, I was taught I could use a comma to join two independent clauses Sad
Alex & Keith: periods at the end of sentences! As bash says...
http://www.bash.org/?363553 wrote:
<@Laplie|Gone> I just don't place periods at the end of my sentences every time.
<@TacoMaster> Periods are important...
<@TacoMaster> You start missing periods...
<@TacoMaster> Next thing you know...
<@TacoMaster> BLAMMO!
<@TacoMaster> Babies.

Alex: You can, technically, but it's considered bad form.
Well, I'll tell my English teacher that, tomorrow.
I think that's the LEAST of our worries, but I'll try harder.
Semicolons? *thinks for about 3 seconds* Nope, can't remeber anything about them Smile.

And what about the use of the tilda and colon, I can't remember form 2 months ago how to use 'em.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours