Well, as I am quite sure you have noticed lately, the grammar and spelling here has become somewhat appalling. This thread is a list of rules you need to follow in order to be taken seriously. This is an intellectual forum, and if you cannot spell, perhaps you should be on 4chan...

1. "You're" is not the same as "your." If you can't get this straight, try not to use contractions... period.

2. "teh" is not a word, unless your favorite site is Neopets...

3. Capitalization is not a suggestion, it's a rule

4. Punctuation is a necessity. (Yes, those commas and periods were created for a reason)

5. Don't be afraid to use the "Enter" key on occasion, and split that 3 page blob up into several different (more readable) paragraphs.

If anyone (cough cough Kllr) has anything they'd like to add, just post it here...
Only that the period in #4 should go after the parenthesized statement Smile
Number 3 should have a period. Smile
6) Only quote what you are responding to. Edit the quote to remove unneeded sections, and don't quote-pyramid. Remove the interior quotes if they are unneeded.

Not really grammar - but still annoying.
But they look so cool. Razz
7. Use the given smilies (or possibly external image-based ones) instead of text-based ones such as B| or O) (friendly cyclops). Razz

8. Capitalize topic names accordingly.
haveacalc wrote:
7. Use the given smilies (or possibly external image-based ones) instead of text-based ones such as B| or O) (friendly cyclops). Razz

I don't agree with that... I like using =P sometimes Wink
9. Use Very Happy smilies Very Happy only Very Happy when Very Happy relevent.

Seriously...
What about elipsies? The "..." at the end of sentences... What is the syntax? I don't know... but I want to!
Man-law?
Agreed.
Thou shall use smilies only when relevent.
Razz
Angel14995 wrote:
What about elipsies? The "..." at the end of sentences... What is the syntax? I don't know... but I want to!

The elipsis ("...") implies that either you trailed off or you aren't saying everything. In quotations, it implies you aren't citing the whole quote. In dialogue, it means a pause or that you are just shutting up mid-sentence.

That's what I learned, anyway.

theStorm wrote:
Man-law?
Agreed.

Didn't we once have FEmale member?

Calculus Programs for TI-83\84
Resinator wrote:
Hello
My name is Patricia. I am taking a calculus class and I am having trouble with antiderivatives. Especially when I need to use then for U substitution Indefinite and definite intergrals Does any one have a program that could help with that?
TheStorm wrote:

Razz

I thought it was shalt. Oh well.

OK, I understand now. And should we cite our sources? And if so, in what format? MLA? Chicago? What?
Angel14995 wrote:
And should we cite our sources? And if so, in what format? MLA? Chicago? What?

Cite sources only if you think others will either not believe you or will want to read more about it themselves. No official format is required. Just slapping the URL on the bottom should work.

Oh, and ellipses have spaces between each period. I really think it looks better without them, though.
foamy3 wrote:
. . . ellipses have spaces between each period . . . .

I knew I forgot something. As for citing, I agree that the only citation you'd need is a URL. After all, it's not like we're GRADING you (hands Angel a grade sheet with a big F- Laughing )
KeithJohansen wrote:
Didn't we once have FEmale member?

Calculus Programs for TI-83\84
Resinator wrote:
Hello
My name is Patricia. I am taking a calculus class and I am having trouble with antiderivatives. Especially when I need to use then for U substitution Indefinite and definite intergrals Does any one have a program that could help with that?

OMG the world is at its end. Very Happy
10) Avoid "Internet shorthand" (eg., "OMG")

11) PROOFREAD YOUR GODDAMN POSTS!
Kllrnohj wrote:

I'm keeping "WTF" and "WTH". Chat speak is perfectly acceptable in my book.
KeithJohansen wrote:
Kllrnohj wrote:

I'm keeping "WTF" and "WTH". Chat speak is perfectly acceptable in my book.

WTF and lol are acceptible and a few others but keep it under control.
It's fine, as long as it's not overused (however you'll never see me using it).
What? rofl I <3 my chat speaks, I mean omg wtf is up w/ not using them. </sarcasm>

Do
Not
Press
Enter
Everytime
There
Is
I
Pause
In
Sentences
Please

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours