_player1537 wrote:
No, the "By KermMartian" "DCS7" "Cemetech.net" parts.
Ah, that's fair. I'm not terribly worried about that, to be honest, and for some reason I find it easy to reason, probably because I wrote it. Wink Any thoughts on the sizes of the sprites? Should I allow multiple scales (ie, zooming in and out)? I'm very concerned about cramming in a non-derp AI into the program.
I also find it quite easy to read. Smile The sprite size is also good, and I don't think multiple scales would be necessary.
souvik1997 wrote:
I also find it quite easy to read. Smile The sprite size is also good, and I don't think multiple scales would be necessary.
Fair enough, then I will need to pick a good scale that balances decent graphics with being able to see a fair amount at once with the size of the program. It's too bad that CALCnet2.2 precludes grayscale.

Edit: What scale(s) do you guys like? Balance of stuff on the screen versus detail?

I like the second one.
I agree, I think that will allow you to add a lot of detail, plus you see alot.
Awesome, I'm glad you all agree. Now, I need to figure out what kind of structures are needed, whether it should all be peaceful stuff, or if I also need soldiers and military. Also what the people / soldiers should look like, and how to tell different player's buildings and units apart. I would appreciate any ideas and sprites that people want to throw at me.
KermMartian wrote:
*3.5 year epic necrobump*

So, some random new titlescreen art and sprite design that I spent the last hour or two on. Comments?

Looks great. Does it means you're officially resuming work on this now? I liked the first one except for the speed and I always wished an ASM sequel (or an hybrid where maps are drawn in ASM) would eventually come out. Smile

Quote:
All are nice, but my favorite would be the middle zoom.

Would there be terrain elements like trees and rivers, by the way? Would it also be possible to use the DCS-style mouse?
It's not officially officially underway, but I'm seriously considering restarting the project after I make some headway on globalCALCnet. It's not going to be an easy feat at all, and I have a lot of fears about how things could work, but I think it would be an impressive project, and I too wished the original could have been faster.
Ah ok, well good luck whatever you decide. This was pretty promising. Smile

In the worst case scenario, could the original just be updated so the map rendition is generated with an ASM routine while the rest remains in TI-BASIC?
DJ Omnimaga wrote:

In the worst case scenario, could the original just be updated so the map rendition is generated with an ASM routine while the rest remains in TI-BASIC?
Well, although I didn't make it too obvious in this thread, I'd really, really like to add CALCnet multiplayer support, which would be infeasible in BASIC. However, if I do indeed decide I don't have the time or motivation for this project, I'll hopefully go for the ASM renderer, as you mention.
Oh, right, multiplayer support. That would be cool actually. I guess this means the focus would be more on CALCnet for now.
KermMartian wrote:
DJ Omnimaga wrote:

Well, although I didn't make it too obvious in this thread, I'd really, really like to add CALCnet multiplayer support, which would be infeasible in BASIC. However, if I do indeed decide I don't have the time or motivation for this project, I'll hopefully go for the ASM renderer, as you mention.

Hmmm... I feel seriously interested in looking at the source for this game, I am not sure why, but I have that urge to. o.o To ticalc archives I go. Very Happy
Please do, and have fun. I wrote it a long time ago, so I make new claims about the quality or efficiency of the source. Smile And no, it was not a DCS-only game; it used pure BASIC.
KermMartian wrote:
Please do, and have fun. I wrote it a long time ago, so I make new claims about the quality or efficiency of the source. Smile And no, it was not a DCS-only game; it used pure BASIC.

I thought so, but I noticed on the ticalc.org archives it said it was optimized for DCS 4.0 and up.
I think that just means the header for it.
Sonlen wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

I thought so, but I noticed on the ticalc.org archives it said it was optimized for DCS 4.0 and up.
I thought 4.0 was 83-only? (not the 83+, the even older 83 from 1996) Shock
Basic written on the 82 or 83 can be sent to the 83+ and 84+ Smile Not through computer, but over link port.

And by the way, those screenies look awesome!
Yeah but wasn't 4.0 in ASM (or at least parts of it)?
willrandship wrote:
Basic written on the 82 or 83 can be sent to the 83+ and 84+ Smile Not through computer, but over link port.

And by the way, those screenies look awesome!

Or with TiLP, which has no qualms about sending them. Wink
1. I think that the third pic looks the best if there is fast scrolling, if the scrolling is not as fast, then the second one will do

2. I can see the title screen perfectly O_O

3. Looks good, I canz help test?

4. remember, no undocumented instruction (just reminding you Razz)

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 3 of 7
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours