Anyone know about Design 3D version 2, made by the owner of this site, Kerm, for some years ago? I have modified the exelent 3D polygon-based program to not be so complicated, and I fixed all bugs I found (I nearly had to rewrite the whole list part because there was some huge bugs there and it was set up in a confusing way). I will post the updated Version 3 on TIcalc.org as soon I find that %&$€¤ cable! (my brother uses it sometimes because he doesn't find the cable to his mp3 player.)

There will be more updates by the time. The main 3D engine is not changed, so you can still open your old 3D projects in it.

The only thing I don't like with the program is that it takes horrible lots of RAM from your calc. Does anyone know about an extern RAM pack to conect to the calc? if not, can someone please try to invent one?
I wouldnt think its possible because the TI-OS wouldnt really know what to do with the extra RAM...
The only way to add mem is a flash drive MSD8x on an 84+ but it may be possible.
Pseudoprogrammer wrote:
I wouldnt think its possible because the TI-OS wouldnt really know what to do with the extra RAM...

oh... Maybe someone could hack TI-OS or make a whole new OS that supported RAM packs...
TI would instantly would instantly say cease and desist instantly so no.it is possible I believe and all Silver editions have extra ram but TI-OS can't use it.
Once you get the cable, upload the code of each version so we can make sure everythings good Wink

If Kerm A. had the time and B. a good enough reason to do this, than he could probably write it in asm (probably cut down on the size considerably) plus it would be realllly fast
Harq wrote:
Once you get the cable, upload the code of each version so we can make sure everythings good Wink

If Kerm A. had the time and B. a good enough reason to do this, than he could probably write it in asm (probably cut down on the size considerably) plus it would be realllly fast

it is the size of the projects that really eats ram, not the program itself. BTW, the original program can be found on ticalc.org
TheStorm wrote:
TI would instantly would instantly say cease and desist instantly so no.

I can see you are rather fond of the word "instantly" - thats 3 times in one sentence. Perhaps I could suggest that you go buy a thesaurus?

Besides, you can 'expand/hack' the TI-OS. The license states that you may not reverse-assemble, but they can't "prove" whether or not you did if you only distribute an assembled version of the OS. The license even grants you the ability to redistribute it, so long as you work for a school Wink
Quote:
TI grants school personnel a license to copy the Licensed Materials onto school or student owned calculators and school employees and students are licensed to use such copies.
So, I can't use my calc to restore my friends calc?
--
Angel14995 wrote:
How would TI know if you were hacking the TI-OS? Its your data legally, just looking at it and changing it to fit your needs. You guys all know Linux? It was basically a UNIX clone, but the guy needed it o do more so he changed it. That would what you basically would be doing. And plus, TI finding out in any way except you emailing or calling them saying you are reverse engineering the TI-OS, and even then what would they do? Just say stop, not much else. Unless they can enfore it constantly, its a useless issue to worry about.

Those are drastically different. For one, you agree to the license agreement when you download the OS, so yes, TI can legally tell you what you can and cannot do with the program (including reverse-assembling it). Linux is not a UNIX clone and was created from scratch, not by reverse engineering UNIX. In fact, Linus based the original Linux off of Minix, not Unix, with Minix being a POSIX-compatible OS, not a UNIX clone. Note again that originally Linux didn't use any Minix code either, and that the two are off different designs (Minix being a micro-kernal, Linux being a monolithic kernel). Be careful what you say and double check your facts BEFORE posting - as you otherwise just make yourself look like an ass (which you have done twice so far today alone)
Angel14995 wrote:
How would TI know if you were hacking the TI-OS? Its your data legally, just looking at it and changing it to fit your needs. You guys all know Linux?

Actually, no, it is not. As far as I know, when you buy software or a book or anything like that, you are technically 'buying a license' to use that product. The intellectual material is still the original creators (TI in this case)
[return fire!]
@Kllrnohj

Kllrnohj wrote:

Linux is not a UNIX clone and was created from scratch, not by reverse engineering UNIX. In fact, Linus based the original Linux off of Minix, not Unix, with Minix being a POSIX-compatible OS, not a UNIX clone. Note again that originally Linux didn't use any Minix code either, and that the two are off different designs (Minix being a micro-kernal, Linux being a monolithic kernel).

Well, actually, MINIX was designed as a UNIX clone, a personal one by Andrew Tanenbaum. You can read about it ***here*** in "MINIX and Me" (not Windows ME (Mistake)), but Andrew Tanenbaum as "me". he wrote the article. He even says:

Andrew Tanenbaum wrote:
I set out to write a minimal UNIX clone, MINIX, and did it alone.

He even admits to it being a UNIX clone, or trying to make it one. Therefore, we can deduce from what this says and what you have said as this:

UNIX was mininmally cloned to make MINIX, which was minimally cloned to make LINUX. LINUX was an indirect MINIMAL clone of UNIX. True?

Now lets look at this:
If what you said and my research back up my claims at all, then I must be right, to an extent. I may not be entirely right, like you have so proudly stated, but thanks to you, and some handy internet research, I say that you are God, Kerm hired God, and I am a lowly mortal who found away around God. All the other people higher than you and on teh same level as you are Gods of different degrees.

You are right, I was wrong, (to an extent), so I hail you.

@Both of you: Yeah, i just looked at the 2nd part of the TI agreement, no reverse assembling/compling. I was wrong on so many levels, and I shall research mostly everything from now on... HIghlight blank space and zoom in.... hehe

PS: Kllrnohj, nice idea of how to mask that 3-lettered word from the censors Smile

PPS: I HAIL YOU ALL! Especially Kllrnohj and Kerm and Harq. And anybody else that seems noteowrthy.

[/return fire!]
Angel14995 wrote:
Well, actually, MINIX was designed as a UNIX clone, a personal one by Andrew Tanenbaum. You can read about it ***here*** in "MINIX and Me" (not Windows ME (Mistake)), but Andrew Tanenbaum as "me". he wrote the article. He even says:

Andrew Tanenbaum wrote:
I set out to write a minimal UNIX clone, MINIX, and did it alone.

He even admits to it being a UNIX clone, or trying to make it one. Therefore, we can deduce from what this says and what you have said as this:

UNIX was mininmally cloned to make MINIX, which was minimally cloned to make LINUX. LINUX was an indirect MINIMAL clone of UNIX. True?

w00t! Mission accomplished, I got you to do research. FINALLY! You're like, the first person to ACTUALLY go find stuff out for your own since Foamy when I tell you to (or at least he is the last person I remember Very Happy )

However, you now (hopefully) know the distinction between how you meant Unix-clone (modifying Unix) vs. what the article meant by Unix-clone (using solely the ideas and zero actual code from Unix)

Quote:
PS: Kllrnohj, nice idea of how to mask that 3-lettered word from the censors Smile

Old news, there are tons of different ways to get around that using bbCode Wink
wow, a sorta compliment, thx!

And i never knew that. Is bb Code used on neoseeker? That is what I want to know, some guys are not all that right in the head.

And yess, i did learn teh disctinction between Clones and clones of clones
I finally got my cable, but I dont have time to load it over to my computer before later today. All bugs in the rotation function are fixed, the wrong-z-value-displayed bug are fixed and a coupple of bugs in the list are fixed. I added 2 saving spots, and a "cancel" button on the save dialog box and ability to open the temporary picture from LX LY and LZ. + more functions like delete-last-line. I'll post it here too Wink .
Good stuff. Send it to me when you finish it; I'll take a look, update the readme, and release it with you as coauthor.
I am currently working on archiving of the save slots. That is the last thing i am going to do before releasing it.
KermMartian wrote:
Good stuff. Send it to me when you finish it; I'll take a look, update the readme, and release it with you as coauthor.

Update the readme? I don't find any readme file in the current version.
Please avoid double-posting; edit instead. Anyway, if there's no readme, then I'll have to write one. Razz

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours