If you insist on TI-84 support, use TiLem, as it's the only one that can handle that. For more accurate emulation (but only TI-83+ support) use PindurTI.

TiLem: http://lpg.ticalc.org/prj_tilem/
PindurTI: http://users.hszk.bme.hu/~pg429/pindurti/
Thanks I'll try those. btw, what prog do you suggest I use to get a rom image?
About TilEm, is there a windows version?
Edit Same with PTI is there a windows version.
Both have Windows versions...
haveacalc wrote:
Don't you know how to use Google? Wink
PindurTI
TilEm
Both have Windows versions.
Haveacalc: Perhaps you didn't notice my post two posts above where I mentioned the sites for both? Very Happy
Then again, neither did TheStorm. Razz
i checked ticalc only has the windows version of tiemu but I have to check the readme to see how to run it.
Ticalc doesn't have the windows PTI or at least I couldn't find it
@Kerm those websites only have the Linux versions not the widows versions thats why I asked.
TheStorm wrote:
@Kerm those websites only have the Linux versions not the widows versions thats why I asked.

You are seriously an idiot. Can you read? No, I'm not kidding, can you read? Do you posses the ability to infer meaning from a collection of words?

Lets try this again. Go here: http://users.hszk.bme.hu/~pg429/pindurti/

What does the SECOND LINE OF TEXT SAY??? *GASP* Is that a link for the .exe download? OMG! THE WINDOWZ VERSION THAT ISN'T THERE!!!

Tilem I can *partially* give you a pass for, as you have to be familiar with sourceforge. There isn't a windows binary for the newest version, but if you expand the version before the newest one, there is the windows binary: http://downloads.sourceforge.net/tilem/tilem-0.972-win32-bin.zip?modtime=1123096797&big_mirror=0 (Note: I arrived at this link through the one Kerm linked to by clicking on "Download->Download" - basic reading skills would have worked here, too)
I downloaded pti and tried to run it and a window came up and then nothing so I assumed it wasn't a windows prog. (me hits myself) I'll check wikiti.
Edit: Duh no rom image (me so stupid today) thats why nothing happened.
For TiLem (in case you didn't notice in the readme) you have to install GTK+ for proper functionality.
Yeah I noticed I have it for Tilp, which i never got to work with my 84+se but what ever.
did you use TILP or TILPII? Did you use Direct Link or Silver Link?
I have teh same problem as TheStorm. I currently have a 84+SE and a USB cable, no prior knowledge of emulators (I do have the TI-Flash Debugger, but that desn't count), and am currenlty stuck on what to do. I tried looking as what you guys have put up, but there is no hope for me.... TheStrom, we need help...
TilEm + rom8x will do you fine, or even TilEm + the .clc file from the flash debugger (you will need an OS update in either case from the TI website.)

otherwise just use PTI and everyone's favorite frenchy's.
OK, here is the full process to get a 83+ to a 84+SE calculator emulator on your computer:

1) Click here to download TILEM. Its the only one that can run all the OS versions that TI has produced so far with the Z80 processors.
2) Downlaod the runtime environment and install. Click here to download.
3) Downlaod this, ROM8X. This will get the ROM version of any calculator of the 83 family nature that I know of so far. I may be wrong, and I probably am, but yeah, it works on an 84+SE.
4) Follow the instructions in the readme, it is quite simple. If you need the latest version of the TI-OS, here it is for the 84 calculators and for the 83+ claculators. The versions you download off these links are v2.41 and v1.19 respectively. They should work if you send them to your calculator, so that means you have a good OS upgrade.
5) After the ROM is created, cut/copy and paste it into the unzipped TILEM main folder and rename (right click, rename on Windows, I don't know about on a Mac or Linux, never used them) it what the TILEM readme says. The ROMs are:

Quote:

TI-73: x7.rom
TI-82: x2.rom
TI-83: x3.rom
TI-83 Plus: xp.rom
TI-83 Plus Silver: xs.rom
TI-84 Plus: x4.rom
TI-84 Plus Silver: xz.rom
TI-85: x5.rom
TI-86: x6.rom

Make sure you rename the corectly or TILEM will not read them. Now you are able to run TILEM.
6) To run TILEM, got to the "BIN" folder and run the executable named tilem. It should take a little bit to load the image the first time it is run, but after that, it will load relaviely quickly. I actually created a shortcut to the executable just so that I wouldn't have to go far from my desktopto get to it...

Thank you for your time.
I give credits to everyone on this threadbecasue you all helped me get to this point and write this mini-faq. I especially thank ElfPrince for staying up with me and leading me through most of the process.
I think you should be more specific in the renaming step, because from past experience nubs have trouble with readmes.
thx. I got TIEMU to work but my issue now is when i run it nothing shows up as if my mem was reset I followed all the instructions (I think) so what can you guys tell me?
and yes I'm still a noob. Just Joking
If you followed what I told you to do, and used the same sites as i said I did, just right click in the emulator and hit "LOAD FILE" or hit F12 to open a file. It'll auto-showup if its non-app and an app, just reset the calc.
Thx but shouldn't all the progs on my calc be there from the rom dump?
/me confused whats the point of a rom dump?
OK, first of all, I think have this right, so correct me if I am wrong...

The ROM is the basecode, thats why you need the updated OS from TI's website to make the ROM. It creates the basis on which everything is stored upon. The programs and applications you had on the calc before you made the ROM dump were just layers building upon the ROM. So the ROM is just the OS, and basically all you did was get a legal copy of the OS onto your computer in a format that the emulator will recognize...

Like I said, correct me if I am wrong....
So couldn't you make a rom image without a rom dump because all you need it the OS.
P.S. I'm sure I'm wrong but correct me anyway.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours