Make a group containing the dsc6 appvar. When your calculator resets, just ungroup the backup.
Sweet, that is a good idea.
Sorry, but the folders are not stored in the appvar.
Folders are hidden programs, are they not? That's part of why they are deleted in RAM clears.
1) the DCS6 appvar is archived most of the time anyway Wink

2) the folders are now archived automatically as well
Yea....I tried that and my calc crashed and it does not work. Sad

And they always delete when my RAM clears. (Yes I have DCS 6.)
Well, now I feel retarded. I forgot that I locked the folders, but I could swear the folder associations remained the first time I tested it. I tried it again and it doesn't work.

Sorry guys. Sad
Kieth's the most correct person in the thread. They are indeed hidden, locked programs.
So why do the folders remain if they are locked? The files all go back to the main desktop either way. (I've tried and know for a fact that locking them keeps them from being lost.) What makes them leave their folders even when they still remain?
Really? Because locking should make them uneditable outside DCS only, nothing else, right?
The way to keep them is to archive them but the contents are still dumped to the main.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours