can't wait to see your pics Very Happy

Does anyone know if the midi converter has been fixed? The last time I tried it, I got an error.... Sad
i still haven't found a good free wav or wma to midi converter
I was in the middle of writing a song when I had two questions:
1) Is there any way for me to write a double-dotted note? For example: note(c0,rest, rest,rest,quarterdd)
2) Is there any way for me to write *forgot name of symbol, will now give a horrible description of it* that two notes have an arch between them?
Delnar_Ersike wrote:
that two notes have an arch between them?

slur?
Harq wrote:
Delnar_Ersike wrote:
that two notes have an arch between them?

slur?

yes
Sure, to slur, just add the two, eg: note(c0,rest,rest,rest,quarter+half)
Ok, thanks Kerm. Now, about the double-dotted notes...I was cruising around in mt3notes.inc and noticed there were definitions for the single dotted notes, but none for the double-dotted ones. So one of my suggestions for the next version of mt3 is the ability to make double-dotted notes.
Easily done. You're welcome to add them yourself, now that you see how it works. Smile
I have gotten a bit bored of the songs on my calc, and I bet many of you are too. Then here is a question:
Has anybody created/converted a song that they think is good and want to post it for the public? If yes, please do so! Very Happy
I second that. Very Happy And when I get a chance, I'd love to resolve some of the issues the converter has.
Hopefully it doesn't take too long to fix the converter, because as soon as it's is fixed, mt3 will be one of the best if not the best music player for the calc (I'd even favor it over realsound). Good luck trying to fix it.
@Kerm , by chance would the songs you have on ticalc be playable with MT3?
rax14207 wrote:
Hopefully it doesn't take too long to fix the converter, because as soon as it's is fixed, mt3 will be one of the best if not the best music player for the calc (I'd even favor it over realsound). Good luck trying to fix it.

Psh, suck up Razz. Realsound pwns MT3. Seriously, MT3 isn't anything new - MIDI has been playing out of the I/O port for years. It would only be awesome if Kerm could manage to get at least half of the quality that Realsound has.
Kllrnohj Is right real sound pwns any other music player out there. And it will pwn even more after MSD8x supports multi-page apps.
I'll still favor my mp3 player over my calc any day, what with my whopping 40k of free Archive space, better quality than MT or Realsound, and the lack of enough motivation to find/make a 2.5mm to 3.5mm converter.

Storm: I don't think MSD8x will ever support multi-page apps, as it would require at the least some form of macro emulation. Right now, MSD8x just copies the app to page 82 and calls $4100, I believe.
Oh well, Sad I can still copy songs back and fourth from the flash drive.
Although I have to agree with all of you who say RealSound is better than mt3, there are some issues RealSound has that make mt3 stay on my calc.

The first and foremost one is size: while mt3 has songs that are ~2 minutes long and only 2kb in size, RealSound cannot store a 2 minute song without taking up more than 1 MB of size. This has many limitations: sending RealSound songs takes more than 10 minutes, only SE's have the memory to store such huge songs, and defragmenting after the song has been deleted takes longer than sending the song to another calc.

The second one is volume: mt3 can play songs at a reasonable volume, while RealSound plays them at such a low volume that the only place you can actually listen to it is in the library or another quiet place.

The third is high end noise: I do not know why, but every single time I play a song in RealSound, I hear a very annoying, high-pitched noise that is louder than the song itself.

The fourth is multiple songs: with mt3, you can store and play multiple songs at once, while with RealSound, you can only have one song on your calc at a time

Those are my reasons why I still have mt3 on my calc. Also, mt3 is the best MIDI player on a calc out there, as of now, because it can play up to 4 channels at the same time, while most only can play 1 (with some that can play 2).

Now, back to the original question, has anybody made any good songs lately?

Oh, and Kerm, is there a way to play notes with multiple lengths at the same time (like playing a half note g1 in channel 1 and playing a quarter note c0 in channel 3 at the same time)?

EDIT: W00t, I found a bug in mt3! I'll post it once I have one of my questions answered, since I don't want to double post and the current post is too long! Smile
Well, I will post to hear that bug, and hopefully I will be making a jazz version of Fur Elise that I made up myself during an excesively boring piano lesson to MT3 format.
Hehe, nice excuse. Anyway, here it is:

Whenever I press pause in the middle of the song, then press play again, some previous notes played are repeated, but that is not the bug! The bug is that during the time the notes are repeated, the little pixel on the status bar goes forward. After noticing this, I repeatedly pressed the pause/play button so the same part of the song repeated itself over and over again, but the little pixel kept on moving forward. Eventually, it slid off the status bar and continued across the GUI. Once the adventurous little pixel go to the end of the screen, it slid on pixel down and back to the start of the screen. I can post a screenie of it once my little brother gets off my laptop. Mad
Wow I was hoping for something more than that a little creeping pixel. Razz

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 3 of 6
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours