The latest release of mobileTunes takes advantage of Ben Ryves' QuadPlay routines combined with the GUI power of Doors CS 6 for a superior media experience. Play up to 4-channel MOD music and audio on your calculator through the I/O port while taking advantage of Doors CS's ability to open songs in the associated player simply by clicking on the song. Four sample songs are included plus documentation on how to make your own.

In addition, I have a very beta online tool that attempts to convert MIDI files to mobileTunes 3 songs. It's flaky at best, so be patient with it.

Download
mobileTunes 3.0

Convert Songs
MIDI to mt3 converter

Nice job Kerm, if you keep producing programs like this I'm sure DCS will become extremely popular in no time.
Nobody answered my question if you could use mt3 routines like you could use dcs mouse routines.. because:

Guitar Hero with external song support using the function keys
DDR with music =D

Some suggestions:

Repeat: So I can listen to endless techno =D
Play All: It when it would finish one song it starts the next one on the list
Repeat all: Repeat+Play all
Bug Report, the GUI has become corrupted on my calc. I put the songs in a folder, opened the super mario theme, and once I finished listening to that, I selected to open a new file via the open folder button. I opened the folder, clicked on the song I wanted (benny, I believe) and when the GUI opened back up, it was wacked out. It still works if you know where the buttons are...

Also, I agree with the repeat function at the very least...
I had this problem, I had to omnicalc ramrestore it. Happened twice.
Did you report it anywhere? He cannot fix something he does not know is broken...
AIM, no response yet =P
The converter is not working very well. It gives me many errors and does the source file is empty. If you are just working on it let me know.
Is there any way to stop a song while it's playing? I see the big pause button, but my mouse disappears when it is playing music.

EDIT: Ah, it's F1. I would have thought alpha, 2nd, del, or clear...
I understand that MT3 can only do up to 4 channels because that is all the 83+BE's 6Mhz processor can handle. However, why don't you make another version of MT3 for the 83+SE/84+SE's 15Mhz processor that can support up to *mumbles a bit* 10 channels?
That would be great, that way I could play all my favorite songs on my 84+SE!
Delnar_Ersike on maxcoderz wrote:
Then could you make a version of mt3 for Silver Editions that has more than 4 channels? After all, both the 83+SE and the 84+SE have 15 Mhz processors.

Delnar_Ersike on revsoft wrote:
This is great, but one of the problems I encountered had to do with the channel number limitation. I understand that 4 channels is all a 6 Mhz processor can handle, but why not make a second version of MT3 for 15 Mhz processors that can handle *mumbles a bit* up to 10 channels?

Delnar_Ersike here wrote:
I understand that MT3 can only do up to 4 channels because that is all the 83+BE's 6Mhz processor can handle. However, why don't you make another version of MT3 for the 83+SE/84+SE's 15Mhz processor that can support up to *mumbles a bit* 10 channels?

Answer:

Spencer wrote:
It's not that he doesn't want to draw the mouse, it's that he can't. As for the channels, Kerm has nothing to do with the sound routines, ask Ben Ryves about that.
Are the files generated by the MIDI -> MT3 converter only readible by MT3 or is there another player that works in all shells or TIOS that can play them?
You can also compile said files for QuadPlay, which works under Ion and MOS.
I think that bug corrupting GUI is caused by playing archived songs. The same bug is I think also in Office DE so it would be good to have a bugfix in Doors CS.
I have no problems either playing archived songs or opening archived files in DocDE6...
Quote:
I think that bug corrupting GUI is caused by playing archived songs. The same bug is I think also in Office DE so it would be good to have a bugfix in Doors CS.

This has happend to me too, but it only seems to happens when I play an archived song from opening it in the player. If I run an archived song I don't have any proplems though.
Yep I also havent any problems when I was "running" (opening from Doors CS), but when I open program with Doors CS routine (I run "mobile Tunes 3") and open archived thing I get only first line of description (and you cant play that song). That is first small bug. But if you are then continuing with opening archived stuff you may corrupt stuff inside "mobile Tune 3" window.
I have not had any problems with moblieTunes 3 or DOC DE 6 at all since there last releases. I have no idea what you are talking about.
I am going to load a fresh copy of MT3 to my calc, see if that fixes it. If it does, that means that DCS is doing something to MT3, as I don't think MT3 can do anything to itself...

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 6
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours