God, that blank period looks like the end of the world or something.
It's like there was some sort of apocalypse, and everything shut down for a few months. Then, later, a few people have survived and start posting on Cemetech! (But many of them died that the post count went way down...)

Hey, on the bright side, at least the community is picking back up again. Ticalc.org is being updated now, for example. (Thanks Nikky + Travis)
elfprince13 wrote:
oh for the days of our youth when every day was a 175-post-day
Indeed, those were the days.

@jbr: That was when Jatol went down and I lost a few months of posts. They were still made; they're just missing. And yes, we're picking up again too, note the bunch of 100+ posts days lately.
i think that recent 100+ one was around when I started that Science + Faith: evolution, big bang and creation debate
EDIT: no wait, it was a few weeks before
Eeems wrote:
i think that recent 100+ one was around when I started that Science + Faith: evolution, big bang and creation debate
EDIT: no wait, it was a few weeks before
The most recent 100+ spike was indeed the science/faith topic.
Sweet, i entered the cemetech community with a bang. by the way what happened that made the post count drop so far?
Eeems wrote:
Sweet, i entered the cemetech community with a bang. by the way what happened that made the post count drop so far?
Just an overall lack of activity within the TI community, which is a mainstay of Cemetech's membership. The lack of activity (overall, anyway, regardless of ticalc.org's recent slight upsurge) is why we need to remember to continue to consider ways in which we can branch out.
KermMartian wrote:
Eeems wrote:
Just an overall lack of activity within the TI community, which is a mainstay of Cemetech's membership. The lack of activity (overall, anyway, regardless of ticalc.org's recent slight upsurge) is why we need to remember to continue to consider ways in which we can branch out.

We did that already I thought and then didn't really take action on it
Indeedy, note the importance therefore of actually following through. Very Happy I'll have to look over that topic to refresh my memory of what we decided.
I vote for a computer programming competition. Best new tool for the ti calculator or something like that.
Kllrnohj wrote:
I vote for a computer programming competition. Best new tool for the ti calculator or something like that.
Oh hey, I really like that, actually. The only hangup with the contests, the past one, the current one, and this upcoming one, is that I really need to come up with prizes. Razz
KermMartian wrote:
Kllrnohj wrote:
Oh hey, I really like that, actually. The only hangup with the contests, the past one, the current one, and this upcoming one, is that I really need to come up with prizes. Razz

the admins (you, me, rivereye, tifreak), could all chip in $30 for something like this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822101121

of course, were that the case, I wouldn't want to be one of the judges Wink
KermMartian wrote:

Meh, screw prizes. Just have some sort of ranking system that can persist over multiple competitions (eg, a leader board)
How about a contest where the criteria for winning isn't revealed until it's over, so that the contestants don't know what they're being graded on, and will either have to take a chance with an idea, or make a really well-balanced program.
DShiznit wrote:
How about a contest where the criteria for winning isn't revealed until it's over, so that the contestants don't know what they're being graded on, and will either have to take a chance with an idea, or make a really well-balanced program.

actually....I'm pretty sure already had a "whatever you want" contest
Except it's not a "whatever you want" contest, it's a "We're not going to tell you what we're looking for in your entry so you'll have to make a really good guess or be really good at every aspect of calc programing" contest.
DShiznit wrote:
Except it's not a "whatever you want" contest, it's a "We're not going to tell you what we're looking for in your entry so you'll have to make a really good guess or be really good at every aspect of calc programing" contest.

You have me confused again. Was that another attempt at a joke? Because if you were being serious, the idea sucks.
foamy3 wrote:
DShiznit wrote:

You have me confused again. Was that another attempt at a joke? Because if you were being serious, the idea sucks.
No no, I actually think this isn't the worst idea ever. Sure, it would be a bit arbitrary, but I think it would be interesting to give a category and say that one particular aspect would be the main criterium for judging, but not say which aspect of the program that would be (speed, size, graphics, etc).
KermMartian wrote:
No no, I actually think this isn't the worst idea ever. Sure, it would be a bit arbitrary, but I think it would be interesting to give a category and say that one particular aspect would be the main criterium for judging, but not say which aspect of the program that would be (speed, size, graphics, etc).

Perhaps not the worst idea ever, but damn close. If you don't reveal the judging criteria beforehand, then you might as well just pick the person you like to win. It completely removes the competition aspect from the competition.
Kllrnohj wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Perhaps not the worst idea ever, but damn close. If you don't reveal the judging criteria beforehand, then you might as well just pick the person you like to win. It completely removes the competition aspect from the competition.
OK, I'm not claiming it's a good idea either then. Still, it shows at least a bit of outside-the-box thinking, which is what we'll need for a popular contest.
KermMartian wrote:
Eeems wrote:

I propose a microcontroller subforum; there are way too many software guys here.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours