Why is Doors CS based too much on mouse? That is wasting of time moving threw my small calc screen with four arrow buttons. I have sugestion:
-[Mode] back from folder, also [X] mousebutton when in options or program.
-[Del] like alpha now.
-[Alpha] options (like in MirageOS)
-[X,T,0,n] Connect to CALCnet or gCn (could somebody expain it to me)
-[Stats] about screen and maybe on calc Doors CS help.
-[Clear] exit Doors CS
-[ON] turn off
-[Var] memory, battery and contrast are shown down (in line where are now). +/- could increase contrast

+/- buttons could also work in options for selecting mouse speed.
I dont like that Windows like start menu. I would remove it and to that line I would write long program description. (Or short).

Very nice would be to have a choice to have 12 icons ((4*3 icons)without text, text would be in line where is now Start menu battery and memory). Grayscale icons would be also cool.

Anyway how work gCn? Could somebody explain it to me how could I get my calc to internet threw my computer? Am I understanding right?
I agree; as I've said about three times now, the mouse pwns, but gets really annoying after a while.
Tabfunc SE does help but some more hotkey support would be appreciated Kerm.
I couldn't ever get TabFunctions to work for me. And he said it won't work if I archive it, so I left it unarchived and it's already gone due to a RAM clear. Sad
Back it up duh. Razz Save a copy to a group so this doesn't happen.
I suppoce SE's cant do that. Rolling up/down start menu is build in in Doors CS app. The shell is quite huge (2 flash pages).
Run indicator should be also alwayes off (eg. durring scrolling icons up/down or redrawing). Mouse could be used perfectly for archiving/locking (but now it isnt). Also cutting to folders is quite unconfortable.
2 pages isn't *huge*; in fact, given the features it offers, it was a stretch to even get it into that. The run indicator activation is quite intentional to indicate when it's generating new desktop screens or redrawing.
TheStorm wrote:

That's dumb though. What if you wanted to have a bunch of SEs? You'd have to have all those SEs in RAM, and backing them up, you'd be wasting two times the space when you could keep them all archived and not be wasting any space.
Insanity wrote:
TheStorm wrote:

That's dumb though. What if you wanted to have a bunch of SEs? You'd have to have all those SEs in RAM, and backing them up, you'd be wasting two times the space when you could keep them all archived and not be wasting any space.
There's a very good reason they have to be in RAM: if they were in ROM, it would be incredibly slow to copy them out to RAM every times they're triggered (once per mouse loop).
It'd be slow to read directly out the archive?
Insanity wrote:
It'd be slow to read directly out the archive?
Oohhh yeah. Once per mouse tick I'd have to call FlashToRAM, which lags down massively due to the ROM's not-exactly-lightning speed.
Hmm... what if it copied all the SEs out of the archive into the RAM into temp files when DCS starts?
Are you stll making Doors CS program easy recompilable for TI-83 nonflash shell Doors CS if you think 2 flash pages arent huge. It's more than calc's ram. Anyway on Door CS wiki is written that it is also for TI 83 but 6.0 cannot be for nonflash. Also there is only link for application shell. No newest TI-83 version on wiki. Anyway I dont see reason for indicator during 0.01 sec of redrawing. Could I look to source or even edit that shell? Very Happy Did you somewhere mention that it is in gpl or someting like that?
Obviously there is no TI-83 DCS support Rolling Eyes

DCS is open source, but you cannot redistribute the changes without approval (it is not GNU GPL). I don't remember where the link is to the source, but it shouldn't be hard to find in the DCS subforum.
Kllrnohj wrote:
Obviously there is no TI-83 DCS support Rolling Eyes

DCS is open source, but you cannot redistribute the changes without approval (it is not GNU GPL). I don't remember where the link is to the source, but it shouldn't be hard to find in the DCS subforum.

There is indeed TI-83 support, but only up to Doors CS 5.1.
fraantik wrote:
Why is Doors CS based too much on mouse? That is wasting of time moving threw my small calc screen with four arrow buttons. I have sugestion:
-[Mode] back from folder, also [X] mousebutton when in options or program.
-[Del] like alpha now.
-[Alpha] options (like in MirageOS)
-[X,T,0,n] Connect to CALCnet or gCn (could somebody expain it to me)
-[Stats] about screen and maybe on calc Doors CS help.
-[Clear] exit Doors CS
-[ON] turn off
-[Var] memory, battery and contrast are shown down (in line where are now). +/- could increase contrast

+/- buttons could also work in options for selecting mouse speed.
I dont like that Windows like start menu. I would remove it and to that line I would write long program description. (Or short).

Very nice would be to have a choice to have 12 icons ((4*3 icons)without text, text would be in line where is now Start menu battery and memory). Grayscale icons would be also cool.

Anyway how work gCn? Could somebody explain it to me how could I get my calc to internet threw my computer? Am I understanding right?

Umm... You DO realize that DCS is supposed to have a windows like interface? That is the whole point of it having the mouse and everything the way it is. To do what you are asking, I don't think SEs would work at all, he would have to reprogram the whole darned thing! O_O
Windows does have keyboard shortcuts though... Smile
Yeah, but:

Quote:
I dont like that Windows like start menu. I would remove it and to that line I would write long program description.

He is also asking for keys that are already assigned things to be reassigned to other functions.
tifreak8x: Very Happy Thanks. I was hoping someone would bring that up eventually.
I think (some) keyboard shortcuts would be a good idae too.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours