I just defeated galactic boss cyrus. And now here is my updated party:

Dailga level 47
Graveler level 32
Toxicroak level 41
Pachirisu level 34
Staraptor level 39
Infernape level 43
Hm, update:
I've beaten the 1337 four twice, always with one pokemon left. I'm trying to get the national dex, but I'm having issues with seeing the evolved forms of Burmy.
It's really, really, really annoying.
At least you have a chance of a nationaldex. I won't be able to because there isn't anybody for me to trade with.
You just need to see the 150 pokemon, not obtain. I own less than 70 pokemon.
supposedly, if you fought everyone in the game, then you will get the national dex. I have seen 138 and I am at the end of victory road, so I don't think I will get the national dex either, unless they have the 9 unaccounted for...

otherwise, I will break out my Copy of Diamond, and start pwning it until I get all the ones on it that Pearl cannot get...
Well, I haven't fought everyone in the game. Let's look through that walkthrough...
heh, well you only need to see 149 different pokemon, so it isn't so bad.

Also, I gots the book, though I think I might have missed someone somewhere... :/
I found them. Now to battle them. My old walkthrough told me to skip a few trainers. It didn't count on me having a level 54 Empoleon before the fourth (?) badge.

[ EDIT ]
I've seen the Mothim, one more Pokemon!

I'VE SEEN THE WORMADAM!!!!! I HAVE THE NATIONAL DEX!! I REPEAT: I HAVE THE NATIONAL DEX!!!!!!!!! I HAVE THE POKE RADAR!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Good Idea Good Idea Good Idea Good Idea Good Idea

[ EDIT x 2]
Yeah. I've got the national dex...
Here's a list of my cool/strong pokemon:

POKEMON/LEVEL

Cresselia/50

Drifloon (Maybe not that cool...)/22

Staraptor/49

Lucario/46

Rotom/15

Four Unowns/16-22

Uxie, Azelf, Mesprit/50

Infernape/63

Empoleon/68

Heatran/70

Luxray/62

Giratina/70

Dialga/53
I got my eight badge. Now to go through victory road. Once i am able to fly to the pokemon league i am going to fly to other places and train my pokemon to level 50 or so.
lafferjm, just go to level 70, the Champion is EXTREMELY hard at level 50-53, as her weakest pokemon is level 60, and several of the pokemon can trump ANY type. Look at my trainer card in my sig to see the ones I used to go in and barely win.

I finally got through the elite 4 twice, and for some reason the second time was harder. Oh well. I saw all 150 pokemon, got the nationaldex, opened up the pal park, etc.

Transferring pokemon from the other GBA games is kind of a pain. And I see how they plan on keeping people busy. If you taught your pokemon an hm move, they are stuck on that game, they cannot be transferred, at all. And you can only transfer 6 at a time. Then, when in the pal park, you have to catch them all. There is no figting, you just throw a pokeball at it they give you. In order to catch more, you have to save, and restart the DS, to import more. And as far as I can tell, you have to import 6 at a time. :/

So, right now, I am working on getting all the pokemon I can get from the gba games, and possibly working on just evolving the ones that are already on there.

My pokedex stats:

Seen 160
Caught 90
I saw all hundred fifty and got the national dex. Then someone stole my fuckin DS out of my fuckin house. fuckin bastard.

I even had that one special hidden one in that cave under that waterfall in that secret spring to the right of the map, whatever his name was. I didn't even know where I was, or what I was doing, and I ran into him completely by accident, and even caught him after throwing only a handful of pokeballs. I think it might have even been just one, I can't remember it was so long ago.
@DShiznit: I assume you mean Girantina? I did the same thing, but I saved & kept resetting until I got good IVs / a good nature Very Happy

As for how Diamond is, I would say that it is an excellent game, overall. However, the AI is just plain terrible, which annoyed the heck out of me with the elite 4. I managed to own them using only one pokemon (my Infernape (brave nature Sad 252 atk evs, 252 spd, 4 hp; this took forever at the beginning), in the 80s for level).

In general, the AI never does anything other than one of the following strategies, as far as I can tell:
* use a random move (most of the elite 4 does this) that will "work." I know it is random because the elite 4 has used not very effective moves that have no extra affects against me / my sister when they have had the option of super effective moves that should OHKO
* use a preset move sequence, regardless of what happens in battle (the steelix does this for the fire guy; it uses screech a couple times, even if your defense is already lowered, sunny day, and then fire fang)

If the AI would at least play competently (not well, just competently), I would be happy, but apparently, that was too hard for people in Ruby / Sapphire, when it used a competent AI

As for my pokedex, I haven't worked on it too much (I have the national one; I've seen about 220) because I did most of that in Emerald (267 caught; 199 in hoenn).

Finally, here are my good pokemon (all at high levels; probably 80s or 90s):
Starmie
Modest, but not too great IVs
252 Sp. Atk, 252 speed, 4 hp evs
Surf
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Recover

This guy completely owns, particularly in the battle tower.

Dragonite
Adamant, good IVs
252 hp, 252 atk, 4 speed (200 attack @ level 50 !!!)
Earthquake
Outrage
Aerial Ace
Dragon Dance

It can take a lot of damage with non-ice hits and then proceed to completely own.

Infernape
Brave Sad, but good IVs
252 atk, 252 speed, 4 hp
Earthquake
Flare Blitz
Close Combat
Mach Punch

Alakazam
Modest, decent IVs
252 sp. atk, 252 speed, 4 hp (202 special attack at level 50 !!!)
Cannot remember moves, but probably includes Psychic, Calm Mind, Recover

Espeon
Like Alakazam, but timid, not as good due to worse moves

Dusknoir
Impish
good EV spread, but I cannot remember because I immigrated it from Emerald
Shadow Punch
Pay Back
Will - o - Wisp
some other move

As for other good pokemon, I have a Giratina with multiple 29-31 IVs, Bold or Impish nature (both are excellent, I cannot remembe which) and I put 252 evs in hp, so far... I also have several in Emerald (like Aeordactyl, Walrein, Glalie, to name a few) who I have EV trained.

The only problem is that I don't have anyone good to battle against, so my good pokemon are kind of wasted (unfortunately, my wi-fi doesn't seem to work with my ds; I really would like to figure out how to get them to work, though). Rolling Eyes
I know i am necroposting but i have recently been getting back into this game. I read a few articles about how to breed good pokemon so i took a shot at it. Right now I think i may have created a good team for where i am in the game. Here is a list of them and their moves. All the pokemon are level 1 and haven't been given any tms or hms.

Ponyta = growl, tackle, fire blast, swagger
Gastly = hypnosis, lick, mean look, curse
Tropius = aerial ace, solarbeam, razor leaf, stomp
Croagunk = astonish, shadow ball, focus blast
Starly = tackle, growl, aerial ace
Psyduck = water pulse, water gun, disable, confusion
I stopped playing Pokemon with Gold/Silver.
Same with me, but I have replayed the first and second generations many times. After the GBA ones came out, I just felt a little disenfranchised by... the franchise... so I stopped playing the new games. I've been seeing more and more people playing the newest games, though, so I'm starting to consider trying them again...
For now, though, I am satisfied with replaying Pokemon Blue and Crystal (the ones I own) in emulators over and over again. That's why I've had a gameboy emulator on every mobile device I've owned since... 2003?

This reminds me, I really want that TI-83+ gameboy emulator!
When i was in middle school there was only 150... Razz

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 4 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours