This game rocks. I have only had it for a couple of hours so i can't really tell you what the story line is since i haven't fully figured it out. What i do know about the story line is you find a brief case get attacked and then use the Pokemon. The graphics are beautiful, they make good use of the DS's power. The battling system is also a lot faster as well. You use the touch screen to choose a battle action then you chose a move. They have also changed the battle animations as well. I never though that Pokemon couldn't get any better until I got this game.
I have been playing Pearl since this morning, and am working on getting my first badge. Smile

Do not choose the fire monkey! O_O It makes the first gym/town much harder. >.<

They brought back the day/night system, where certain pokemon are only available at night, others at day.

The menus are pretty nice, though the overall system is a lot slower than the LeafGreen Fire red games. Not sure if they can do anything with that though...

And the graphics are definitely improved. Smile

Once I get further, I will post more about the game...
tifreak8x wrote:
Do not choose the fire monkey! O_O It makes the first gym/town much harder. >.<

Ha, I chose the Chimchar. I guess I will have to train my Starly and hope it does good.
LOL

Mine is at level 10, the latest and greatest attack is Whirlwind, and is totally ineffective against the Ground/Rock type. Ember is causing more damage, and the Chimchar is only at level 12...

I guess I could make my Magikarp level up to the dragon... Razz
My only complaint about night/day was that I actually had to play at night to get some pkmn.
Liazon wrote:
My only complaint about night/day was that I actually had to play at night to get some pkmn.

I think this makes it a little more interesting. (By a very VERY small amout.)
In the DS game, the timer uses the DS clock, so you could fool the night/day system by setting the clock to a different time, like playing at noon , change it to midnight to got night pokemon during the day, then change it back....

Yeah, i wnat this gae so bad... to bad i'm saving up for a laptop...

Yeah, i liked the odlest versions the most RBY, i had all 151 Exclamation pokemon on them, including Mew, which is immpossible to get... Evil or Very Mad Good Idea
There is some kid who plays Pokemon at school....it does not make any sense to me. That is the kind of things I played in second grade....
There are plenty of people that bring their DSes and immerse themselves in the Pokémon world before school starts, even some of my friends.
Pokemon games are still cool just because their classics in a way Razz

As long as you are not addicted like a certain person at my school (got ds on our new york choir trip and played it CONSTANTLY, when we were in times square, even at the 911 MEMORIAL!!!)
I completely agree with Harq, the originals are classics but if you are playing the new ones and are playing them for more that two hours a week and above the age of ohh, 10 I think you have a bit of a problem. (This is just my personal opinion.)
2 hours? Wha??? Thats way to low Razz

I mean occupying more than say 1/2 an hour a day during weekdays (or hour, depends)
hey I feel this classic rule only applies to when their was less than 300 Pokemon once it was greater than that its not classic.
These are the games that really make me want a DS. The newer ones look wayyy sleeker than the old ones, too.
But the DS doesn't play the classics so I want a SP if because if I can't play my originals I don't want it.
I've come to enjoy making games more than playing them.
Mexi1010 wrote:
I completely agree with Harq, the originals are classics but if you are playing the new ones and are playing them for more that two hours a week and above the age of ohh, 10 I think you have a bit of a problem. (This is just my personal opinion.)

o.O

You do know that Pokemon, since Red/Blue, fills out all the requirements as an RPG, yes? And that you can spend well over 100 hours and still not get all the aspects of the games? Adults play these games as well, so quit saying that people have a problem just because you don't find the game appealing.
Mexi1010 wrote:
(This is just my personal opinion.)

This is why i put that at the end, because it is just an opinion and everyone has every right to disagree, personally I just think those game are not very good and not to many people play this anymore anyway.
YEah, on my new yellow, i have only like 60 of the 151, and i hacve played for over 2 days straight (timewise) and i play it as much as i can to get the few who slip through my mindlessly button-pushing fingers- and i'm 15!!! Yes, i have a social life, but io mostly play at night, like at 9-11 pm, just beofre bead, makes it so easy and reaxing.

An Mexi- there are entire websites devoted to Pokemon, even just to the newest editions. And then, because of the Diamond and Pearl Nintendo WiFi connectiopn trading and battling (i haven't played yet, but i know that there is trading), you can find just about an Pokemon you want/need on tehre. The gamesare not dead, just not shown much appreciation outwardly.
No one plays pokemon anymore??? How about 5.some odd million copies of dimond/pearl sold already (plus more; that is slightly old news)?

Pokemon is the 2nd best selling game of all time (after mario), and I think it is great. There are two different ways you can play pokemon; you can play it as a little kid and think everything is all cute and everything, or you can play it as a very difficult strategy game. The AI in the battle frontier in emerald has very good trainers, making it fun to train your own teams and try to beat them. With EVs, and so many pokemon, there becomes a lot of strategy.

I do have to say, though, that it is often more fun to make games than to play them Rolling Eyes

I have 260 some pokemon in emerald and I've started over and replayed my sapphire at least a dozen times.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours