http://www.geocities.com/tokyo/4981/news.html

I have decided to take FFX1-3 and make them playable on the 83+, using optimizing tricks, and RESOURCE. Right now, I am trying to make some sense of the lists, etc...
Sounds cool! Smile I've never played FFX1,2, or 3, but they look pretty cool.
I tried making Final Fantasy on the calc before (A parody of Final Fantasy A+) but I never got past the main screen....
I made most of one. Razz The enemies were too hard, and the magic and items were not programmed into battles. Otherwise, it was fairly complete.
I actually found an FF game and downloaded it to my PC. I can't put it on my calc because it's like 12 programs total. WAAAY too much for my 84 to handle.

Anyways, good luck! Looking forward to seeing the results.
LOL, only 12? That does sound like mine, not sure though...

The one I am working on has like 50 programs... Razz
Yikes...Well, as aforementioned, good luck.
KeithJohansen wrote:
I actually found an FF game and downloaded it to my PC. I can't put it on my calc because it's like 12 programs total. WAAAY too much for my 84 to handle.

What the hell is that supposed to mean? If it can play on the 83+, it can play on the 84+. The number of programs has no significance whatsoever....
Yeah I managed to get that massive final fantasy game onto my friends 83+. Im not seeing what a program that is just spread out is going to do.
It seems I have my work cut out for me on the 3rd game. Programs calling the calling programs, bits and pieces of unoptimized code... But I am sure once everything is done, it will work well on the 83+ Smile

Edit:

After spending a little bit of time with just one program, I have shaved off 87 bytes. If I can maintain this, maybe I won't have to worry about using RESOURCE at all. Smile
Kllrnohj wrote:
KeithJohansen wrote:

What the hell is that supposed to mean? If it can play on the 83+, it can play on the 84+. The number of programs has no significance whatsoever....

I DO mean the amount of prgms. Having to lug around 11 subprgms for one game is overkill for my 84+. I just don't have the room for them at this moment.
Hello, wakeup call. 11 programs that are each 1k take up less space than 1 program that is 12k - THAT is what I was trying to point out Rolling Eyes
Sounds cool. But if its that big wouldn't an app be more practical at least more user friendly?
Kllrnohj wrote:
Hello, wakeup call. 11 programs that are each 1k take up less space than 1 program that is 12k - THAT is what I was trying to point out Rolling Eyes

I just don't want to hassle with 12 programs. Get it? End of discussion.

Moving right on now.
@Keith we get the point you didn't have to bring it up again.
Keep us updated this sounds way cool and if there's anyway I can help just ask.
TheStorm wrote:
Keep us updated thins sounds way cook and if theirs anyway I can help just ask.

Uh, translation? Just Joking
Actually, I just want to say that I'm available for help if you need anything. Don't kill yourself trying to accomplish this solo ^_^

My Final Fantasy A+ game:
Well, I don't think I will need to do too much, just find the few programs that only get called, and don't call any other programs, and I should be able to make the game fairly playable.
TheStorm: good editing to fix the grammar and spelling. Smile Dan: awesome, I look forward to seeing what you have.
KeithJohansen wrote:
Kllrnohj wrote:

I just don't want to hassle with 12 programs. Get it? End of discussion.

Moving right on now.

who knows though, maybe you could right it to where the code is reuseable (or more managable).
just give it the DCS header so you can keep them all archived except when its being run :p

Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours