Ponderosa High School (Colorado)
Someone blew up a bomb somewhere in the school.
No one got hurt or killed, but it's another event in a series of events.

Yeah...I actually was there. I go to Ponderosa High. I didn't see anything, but to go cliche: OMFG

Why are people doing this? It was probably a prank and not intended to kill people, but WTH was he thinking?

Columbine, Virgina Tech, the others I can't remember the names of right now, aren't they enough if not too much already?
KeithJohansen wrote:
Ponderosa High School (Colorado)
Someone blew up a bomb somewhere in the school.
No one got hurt or killed, but it's another event in a series of events.

Yeah...I actually was there. I go to Ponderosa High. I didn't see anything, but to go cliche: OMFG

Why are people doing this? It was probably a prank and not intended to kill people, but WTH was he thinking?

Columbine, Virgina Tech, the others I can't remember the names of right now, aren't they enough if not too much already?
....o.O are you serious? You go there? That's crazy messed up...
It wasn't scary or freaky really. Mostly it was annoying.

It starts off as a fire alarm. No big deal. THEN we end up evacuating FURTHER from the school than usual and the fire trucks and police come in. I never saw or heard the bomb (thank gawd) but school had to be closed for a full sweep.

My stuff's still at school, too.
At my old school (Fuller/Mills) we had atleast 2 bomb threats a month.
Dang... Shock
Dewd, that's crazy. That's just not right...
Although you DO get out of class
Which is probably the reason it happened to often.
*sigh* If only we could examine their brains and see why they do what they do....IF they have brains IMHO.

Man...my Calc's still at school. I think I'm suffering withdrawl. Is that even possible?
We had eight bomb threats in a year my 8th grade year (in middle school). And the reason it's all happening is because people want to "outdo Harris and Klebold". VA Tech is the highest death toll for a single gunman in international history (I think that's what they said).

BTW Harris and Klebold were the Columbine shooters.
I couldn't ever forget that.
Ugh, people are just so stupid.
Seriously, are we (the members of Cemetech) and anyone else you guys'd mention the ONLY smart people in this country?
No, we're not, but the problem is there is a division in the smart people, between people like us and the lusers who market their skills to be the webmasters of adult websites. It's "smart" people like them who condone violence in video games. "Video games don't affect children"? Well if they do, then all the kids born in the 80's and played Pac-Man should be running around in darkened rooms listening to monotonous electronic music, right? Well, surprise, surprise... they are. The even smarter thing to do would be to take these people and identify their violent personalities right off, to shape them into killing machines and send them over to Iraq. How many of them will get killed? If many get killed, then that particular menace is removed form society; if few get killed, then we just won a war without a high death toll. It's a win-win situation as long as you don't let the survivors back into society at large.
Dewd....What? Question
That doesn't make sense to me.
Ok, back up, let me clarify. I realize I wasn't exact in that.

We should take the would-be gunmen and bombers and let them go wreak havoc in Iraq. I wasn't talking about the lusers. I meant the people who play the violent video games and are getting influenced by them.

The proponents of the games are as much to be blamed for saying that "violent content does not promote violent behavior." The Pac-Man allusion was to that point, because Pac-Man ran around in a darkened room listening to monotonous electronic music. Raves....? Right?
why didn't you just say that?
quality over quantity, you know.
A few years ago our principal was shot by an ex-student but since we haven't had any issues that I know of.
Dang, man. When will the violence stop? People can be so messed up in the head at times.
KeithJohansen wrote:
why didn't you just say that?
quality over quantity, you know.

Sorry. I got worked up. I typed it as I was thinking of it.

@TheStorm: That is terrible, but at least there have been no more incidents as you said.

@Keith: War is caused by population pressure. Who does not expand, he does not survive. And survival is a basic human mechanism. But small-scale violence such as this is ridiculous. That is why I suggested such violent personalities be put to good use. I think the best we can hope for in the way of non-violence is the eventual removal of all violent weapons from our society and the production of a sort of "phaser" that merely disintegrates the person. Also the removal of violent video games and TV. Alas, that will not be easy, because to the common man, violenece is great entertainment. But that's just my own humble pessimistic opinion.
KeithJohansen wrote:
Seriously, are we (the members of Cemetech) and anyone else you guys'd mention the ONLY smart people in this country?

I wouldn't consider some of the people here smart (not naming names) Rolling Eyes

@brainiac256: You need to get your facts straight. The kids running around in darkened rooms, popping pills, and listening to monotonous music (aka, raves) weren't even born when Pac-Man was released or where still infants/toddlers. Video games do, obviously, have an impact on how a child/teen/adult develops, as does EVERYTHING YOU EVER DO. Pinpointing video games as the sole cause of ANYTHING that someone does is just ignorant. Have you ever considered the reverse? That instead of violent video games causing violent people, that violent people are drawn to violent video games? If you look at the data, crime rates for teens/20s has steadily been decreasing over the years - indicating that, if anything, video games has had a POSITIVE impact by allowing violent individuals, who would otherwise commit crimes, to live out their fantasies in a virtual world where no one gets hurt.

And of course, to say that anyone with violent tendencies should be forced to go be in the army only goes against EVERY PRINCIPAL THIS COUNTRY IS FOUNDED ON. Ever heard of "freedom"? Its like, the corner stone of America. If you feel that people should be told what to do by the government, then you should probably consider getting the hell out of America and going to a country like China - where they do that Rolling Eyes
TheStorm wrote:
A few years ago our principal was shot by an ex-student but since we haven't had any issues that I know of.

Actually, I think it was an assistant principal, and it was rather more than 'several' years ago. Try at least 7.
Kllr, while I understan you're trying to get your point across, do try to be a little more civil please.
I think he was being quite civil and blatent.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours