Kllrnohj wrote:
KeithJohansen wrote:
That should have been fixed, right Kerm? Maybe you ought to delete the App Vars and either see if that does it or redownload DCS6

Maybe you should just let Kerm answer instead of taking wild guesses as to the reason and/or solution.

But if I learn to predict Kerm's answers accurately enough, Kerm may never have to speak (well type) ever again Laughing

Just wondering (uh-oh Razz ) but can DCS view hidden MOS programs? (as in hidden entirely from view)?
Yeah, i was wondering that *goes off to see....*

And when i connected to TI CONNECT, i saw a program called dcsaxmex, the hidden program.... (not to figure otu what it says... "ANGEL.... IS.... A.... LOSER..... hey, waita minute!)

EDIT1: No, Doors CS6 does not show the hidden programs anywhere. If t was in a folder, it should not be on the desktop, but i could be wrong. I did this with a basic program, so just keep that in mind, and now i can't get it back.... wierd

EDIT2: It won't link to my computer and it won't sow up in the programs menu, even when i unlock and unarchive it in DCS6... so the hidden program is still a mystery, or to me atleast
DCS shows all of the programs I hid in MOS just fine, although it screwed up the naming and now MOS is showing them as not being hidden and using the character thats <$20 (or whatever the value is) as the first letter of the program name (yes, Kerm, it was DCS's fault - not MOS's)
where thay all games, or where there locked and unlocked basica programs also? I'm just wondering because that will help us out all teh more. And DCS6 is screwing it up. Its still good though
1) DCS can view MOS hidden files
2) No idea why MOS's naming for hidden files failed, although I agree that it sounds like a conflict between the two.
OK, if DCS6 can look at hidden Mirage programs, then explain this:

Shock What now? Are ya gonna fix it?
KermMartian wrote:
2) No idea why MOS's naming for hidden files failed, although I agree that it sounds like a conflict between the two.

My guess (since DCS still shows the name correctly) is that DCS somehow screwed up whatever method MOS uses to determine if a file is hidden (a flag, perhaps?)
Kllrnohj wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

My guess (since DCS still shows the name correctly) is that DCS somehow screwed up whatever method MOS uses to determine if a file is hidden (a flag, perhaps?)

its actually just shifts the first letter of the file name down out of the TI-OS accepted values.
That, and it makes the first 'restricted' byte of the VAT entry equal to 1.
aha, then DCS likely unsets the restricted byte somehow
elfprince13 wrote:
its actually just shifts the first letter of the file name down out of the TI-OS accepted values.

Yes, I know it does that. But if that was ALL it did, then explain how MOS no longer recognizes them as hidden? Rolling Eyes Thanks for implying I'm an idiot.

@Tari: Interesting. I would guess that DCS changed that for some reason, which is why it is no longer being shown correctly in MOS - yes/no?
Ah, that makes perfect sense. Doors CS (and MOS) both use that to mark parent folder, but in MOS folder 1 is $80, while in DCS it's $01. Since the highest Doors CS folder when you only have a desktop is $00, Doors CS is correcting the byte to not point to what it thinks is a non-existent folder.
although since I can't think of any reason to have MOS + DCS on the same calculator its not a problem :p
elfprince13 wrote:
although since I can't think of any reason to have MOS + DCS on the same calculator its not a problem :p

Yeah, I mean seriously, who wants to actually put up with DCS? Razz (see previous post w/ rants on why I won't use DCS Wink )

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 12 of 12
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours