Mentioned this on SAX, but I'd like a pushGUIStackMass routine so it's possible to build a data structure in a program and push all the elements of a given window, etc onto the GUI stack at once. As it is, it takes 10 bytes of code just to push one object onto the GUI stack (objects are usually about 7 bytes), and some of my windows have 7+ objects in them; it's very inefficient.
And I hear tifreak8x has another suggestion..
It'll be something like:

Code:
     ld hl,DataChunk
     call PushGUIStacks
     ret
DataChunk:
     .db 3 ;# of sections
     .dw SectionLength
     .db SectionType
     .db datadatadatadatadatadatadata
     .dw SectionLength
     .db SectionType
     .dw SectionLength
     .db SectionType
I saw this somewhere on another forum, and I totally agree on what they said.

Make the about screen and even the small menu when you press alpha come up in a window. Make use of the routines that you worked so hard to get in there in the first place.
tifreak8x wrote:
I saw this somewhere on another forum, and I totally agree on what they said.

Make the about screen and even the small menu when you press alpha come up in a window. Make use of the routines that you worked so hard to get in there in the first place.
I haven't put the About menu in a GUI because of the fade effect - do you really think it would be a good idea? I'd have to remove the fade effect.... Actually, no, I wouldn't. It would be difficult to fit that all in a window, though, unless I use a different format for the about (for example, omit the logo). And the alpha menu would be too slow and unweildy in a window, imo.
I wonder, could you shrink the title and text down a little bit? And would it be possible to have it scroll with the title pic in there? That would work well enough I would think.

Out of curiousity, how hard would it be to add the alpha menu into a window, (as a seperate build, don't use your main build for it) to just test it at the very least??

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours