As I did before last summer, I'd like to brainstorm all of the various projects I am thinking of working on this summer and getting feedback from you guys on what you'd like me to focus on. Also, I'd be interested to see what all of you are thinking of trying to start or finish over the summer months as far as calculator, technology, and general projects go.

Summer 2008 Tentative To-Do List
:: Work on next DCS version, perhaps DCS 6.2 or 7.0
.....:: Make the runprog entrypoint functional
.....:: Fix nSpire support by removing undoc'ed opcodes
.....:: Do more CALCnet2.2 testing and debugging to make it more useful
.....:: Perhaps make a Cn2.2 app or two
.....:: Consider gCn hardware
:: Wireless dataglove project
.....:: At this point, need conducting thread, a bluetooth keyboard (if such a thing exists), and a decent 3-axis accelerometer for this project to work out as I'd like
:: Cemetech6
.....:: FFS, this needs to be finished already
.....:: Archives are a priority, forum templates are a priority
.....:: Put it live after those two are done, then finish the rest
:: Rebuild lost smsdoor documentation
:: Get eeePC, Cloudbook, or Nokia n810 (wimax?)
.....:: Decide which one would be best for my PAN (Personal Area Network) wearable computing projects
:: Perhaps do some work on the Laser Projecting project? Haven't worked on that in a while
:: Hopefully do more work on my C/C++ realtime facial recognition module
:: Oh yeah, REU. That will be taking most of my time.
moar DCS == uber pwn. try and build the hardware necessary for gCn.
elfprince13 wrote:
moar DCS == uber pwn. try and build the hardware necessary for gCn.
Sounds good, added it to the list.
personally, I hope to revive my CMS project, and get some major headway on that, but I have also picked up a Arduino board, and plan on experimenting with it over the summer.

Arduino: http://www.arduino.cc/
Kit I bought: http://www.adafruit.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=68
also have: http://www.adafruit.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=17_21&products_id=81

I think I could build some interesting stuff with it (would be willing to take ideas on what to build with it).
Kerm! get to work! the mirageos team got another leg up: http://www.ticalc.org/archives/news/articles/14/143/143773.html
Looks like I have a lot of work to do to get caught back up.

lol, they just linked to the MOS 1.2 page. It's a rickroll. :D

edited by elfprince: don't spoil the joke
aye, that you do Kerm.
elfprince13 wrote:
aye, that you do Kerm.
Sad Awww, that's a low blow, but for true, I do. I actually would like to manage to fit some kind of compression in there...
Oh man, that MOS version is really advanced, you have a lot to do Shock. So Kerm you don't have much time until MOS pwns you. Razz

edited by Kerm: don't spoil the joke
TheStorm wrote:
Oh man, that MOS version is really advanced, you have a lot to do Shock. So Kerm you don't have much time until MOS pwns you. Razz
Argh, I believe you're all right about this. I need to start diving into the code again; it's been awhile since I've tried to read my convoluted and under-commented code.
Shock that's all i have to say about MOS.
TheStorm wrote:

edited by Kerm: don't spoil the joke

Shock. which admin edited my post that isn't what I typed Razz though I guess its for the better.
I am going to try and get a firm grasp on advanced python usage. I already know the basics and i want to know how to apply it to bigger projects. If I can get the grasp early enough then i am going to try and create some kind of gui program to help me out with something.
lafferjm wrote:
I am going to try and get a firm grasp on advanced python usage. I already know the basics and i want to know how to apply it to bigger projects. If I can get the grasp early enough then i am going to try and create some kind of gui program to help me out with something.

Yay, python.

KermMartian wrote:
Yeah, but that's not well-suited to taking apart and using in a dataglove. Smile

You could get a bluetooth interface and.. somethingsomething and you have a bluetooth keyboard. You'd probably need to transmit USB over RF bands, I'm thinking.
I am not sure if this is only for Kerm's projects, but I just wanted to know if someone has a good idea for a program I could write in Java (yes, Java sucks...bla bla...) or a web application I could make in PHP.
Mexi1010 wrote:
I am not sure if this is only for Kerm's projects, but I just wanted to know if someone has a good idea for a program I could write in Java (yes, Java sucks...bla bla...) or a web application I could make in PHP.
I had some PHP ideas for you, like perhaps doing some experimentation with prototype.js and AJAX and seeing what cool stuff you could do.
KermMartian wrote:
Mexi1010 wrote:
I had some PHP ideas for you, like perhaps doing some experimentation with prototype.js and AJAX and seeing what cool stuff you could do.

Hmmm...AJAX...sounds like that could be fun.

400th POST! Very Happy
KermMartian wrote:
:: Cemetech6
.....:: FFS, this needs to be finished already
.....:: Archives are a priority, forum templates are a priority
.....:: Put it live after those two are done, then finish the rest

OK, I got stats, upload, file pages, ratings, and reviews finished today, so the Beta's archives are ready to go save for the actual files. That means the following things are left to do before the beta goes live:

:: groupcp_user_body.tpl
:: modcp_split.tpl
:: modcp_viewip.tpl
:: posting_poll_body.tpl
:: privmsgs_body.tpl
:: privmsgs_preview.tpl
:: privmsgs_read_body.tpl
:: profile_add_body.tpl
:: profile_avatar_gallery.tpl
:: profile_send_pass.tpl
:: profile_view_body.tpl
:: search_results_posts.tpl
:: search_results_topics.tpl
:: Fix Search to search topics, news, projects, and archives.

:: rss_body.tpl
:: privmsgs_popup.tpl
:: simple_header.tpl
:: simple_footer.tpl
:: posting_smilies.tpl
:: posting_topic_review.tpl
:: profile_send_email.tpl
*bump*

*bump*

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours