I just wanted to let you know Kerm, that I was hoping that maybe you could make a mobile version of the Cemetech website (as in a more mobile friendly website for PSP's and such).

I hope you consider my proposition.

EDIT:I would not mind making the HTML or PHP file myself, I was just hoping that you would host it on the Cemetech server so that I could acces it and post more easily. I would also like to add an onscree keyboard (not a touchscreen one) such as one that u could use the mouse to move to the different keys, though this would probably be coded in C and I would need your help. I hope you like the idea and it would be greatly appreciated if you made this possible.
All that should really be needed is another style sheet that is loaded when a "mobile" device is used.
Sorry but I dont think a whole website will be created for those of us who want to access websites on PSP at school or something.
There's already a sorta-fallback template for devices that ID as Pocket PCs, but I haven't worked on it in a while and I doubt it still works. I'll consider this for Cemetech6.
Pseudo you are taking this the wrong way, on the other hand Kerm knows exactly what I am talking about. What I am trying to say Pseudo is that it would just be another HTML file loaded onto the server accessible at something like www.cemetech.net/mindex (means mobile index) it is not a whole new website it is just another page on the website. If I were to design it (I mean cmon you do not exactly need much brains to do this) Kerm and you liked it do you think you would put the file on the server?
I am just saying im not sure Kerm has the time to make another template, with all the projects he's workin on.
Pseudo: exactly. Have you seen these?
http://www.cemetech.net/forum/templates/Cemetech5/scripts/
Do you think I could use the PPC Cemetech Kerm and and pick up from where you left off?
Sorry for double posting, but this is post 100 and I could not help it and wait until tomorrow, but I would also have to take the other Cemetech pages and edit the to a PPC compatible size. Such as the main links at the top are WAY to big for a PPC.
You're welcome to see what you can do - I'll even submit the TPL (template) files to you if you want...
Mexi: This site doesn't run on html pages. The pages are dynamically generated and use style sheets - so it DOES take brains and know-how, this isn't simple re-arranging in Frontpage or some other WYSIWYG editor here

However, a mobile version of a forum seems like kind of a waste, as it would be rather difficult to successfully type a significant post on a PSP, cell phone, PDA, etc... (as demonstrated by your "compiler" thread Rolling Eyes )

But feel free to go for it - just head over to phpbb.com and brush up on how to create templates, skins, and the like for phpBB in the first place
I will look at that website and I am aware of PHP is. Goto aimonpsp.com to see what I mean about an on screen keyboard.
Mexi1010 wrote:
I just wanted to let you know Kerm, that I was hoping that maybe you could make a mobile version of the Cemetech website (as in a more mobile friendly website for PSP's and such).

I hope you consider my proposition.

EDIT:I would not mind making the HTML or PHP file myself, I was just hoping that you would host it on the Cemetech server so that I could acces it and post more easily. I would also like to add an onscree keyboard (not a touchscreen one) such as one that u could use the mouse to move to the different keys, though this would probably be coded in C and I would need your help. I hope you like the idea and it would be greatly appreciated if you made this possible.

@The Keybourd: Bad idea. The amount of screen it would take up is huge. Sure, there is a site you can visit that has an onscreen keybourd, forgot the site. It was an IRC for the PSP. But the way Cemetech is setup the keybourd Idea is useless. You'd need one for SAX and to post. And, the PSP is NOT a Touchscreen. Very Happy

I visit Cemetech from my my PSP, and I cope, its not like its messed up. Sure, the SAX is centered on the page and the posts below, soo.

Also, I read prior posts about you asking for Compiler Help. When you get home, Open your PSP then Navigate to /PSP/SYSTEM/BROWSER/. In there is a HTML file. Open that with notepad, and add as many Bookmarks as you please. Thus eliminating the need to type the stuff in by hand at an excruciating slow pace.

Ta Tah mate! *wink*

EDIT: @prev post: There is no onscreen keybourd on aimonpsp.com last time I check ~2 weeks ago. There are buttons to add text. Also, that site is SOO flawed. You cannot type 'lol' or 'XD' or etc more than twice because it will not send. It will just inster a prior IM you sent in the Send Box, which Can't be sent as well. Unless this has been fixed, its a great site!!

EDIT 2:
Pseudoprogrammer wrote:
Sorry but I dont think a whole website will be created for those of us who want to access websites on PSP at school or something.

Mate, someone has. Navigate to it on your comp, then PSP.

Woa... Imagine that. An entire site. The Message Bourd, News, the works. Some stuff left out (like downloads) but its all 100% Mobile. And all for the community of 30,000+ Members (including me ^^) and the guest population. Shock
The keyboard on aimonpsp.com is hidden until you hide the buddy list, check it out because I want you to see it is actualy very small. And about SAX I probably would not include it because it does not work well on PSP anyway, but I have another idea, more on that later.
Could you make it like aim with the keyboard hidden so pocket pc users don't see it
Mexi1010 wrote:
The keyboard on aimonpsp.com is hidden until you hide the buddy list, check it out because I want you to see it is actualy very small. And about SAX I probably would not include it because it does not work well on PSP anyway, but I have another idea, more on that later.

I went there and never saw an on-screen keyboard.... but that would be a waste anyway, as the PSP's text-entering is probably the best you are going to get - whats wrong with that one? The PSP really doesn't have any screen space to spare....
Sorry Kllrnohj it seems that the keyboard is gone but if you would have seen you would understand that there are better ways to type on a PSP than the cell phone type style. Stop being so ignorant and listen to other people you are not the only one who has brains.

And Kerm, yes I would like the template file just email it to me or something.
Yeah, a better way is the method that most homebrew uses - but I meant there isn't much you can do web-site side - stop being so ignorant and USE your brain. Rolling Eyes Now, lets try this again. This time, can you answer my question of HOW/WHY it is better? As you are unable to produce an example of it, perhaps you could try describing it this time, rather than just saying how totally sweet it was. Rolling Eyes A full keyboard would suck - takes even longer to get the letter you want than the PSP's default cellphone style.

See, the problem is this. I did listen to you, you just didn't listen to me, hypocrite.
I will draw a quick picture on Paint later today but if you used that big brain of yours you would be able to figure out what a little keyboard looks like, all you have to do is look at the keyboard you are using to type and make it 3 or 4 times smaller. Rolling Eyes

EDIT: And trust me it is faster than the PSP cell phone style text editor.
Mexi1010 wrote:
I will draw a quick picture on Paint later today but if you used that big brain of yours you would be able to figure out what a little keyboard looks like, all you have to do is look at the keyboard you are using to type and make it 3 or 4 times smaller. Rolling Eyes

EDIT: And trust me it is faster than the PSP cell phone style text editor.

Which would make it unoriginal, crappily slow, and unispired - aka, not worth emulating (hence the reason they removed it, I'm guessing Rolling Eyes ) - you made it sound like something WORTHWHILE and UNIQUE - which would, of course, NOT be a miniaturization of a QWERTY keyboard. And if that is all it is, it would be an immense waste of space

And trust me, its not faster than the cell-phone style text input if you know where the letters are.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours