The iViz module of wordNet (internet Visualization) project is a sub-species of the lauded project, found at http://wordnet.cemetech.net. It attempts to find conceptual links instead of physical or url links between domains and sites, based on keyword quantization and proximity. iViz helps draw a detailed rendering of domains and concepts found thus far. Check out the first partial 1-hour rendering; I have a full render underway:

That is a truly interesting project Smile
Harq wrote:
That is a truly interesting project Smile
Thanks, I hope it works out. I'm going to be continually refining the rendering algorithm as each render finishes, hopefully.
I don't like it - "boobs" isn't in the word DB yet Razz (and you call yourself a man Very Happy )
Kllrnohj wrote:
I don't like it - "boobs" isn't in the word DB yet Razz (and you call yourself a man Very Happy )
It knows 122,000+ other words though:
http://cemetech.dyndns.org:29100/~cemetech0/wordnet/dumpwords.php
You need a way to filter out random combinations of letters... I mean really... Since when has afhankelijk been a word? And while we are at it, since when have websites without any punctuation been words (or with punctuation?)
Harq wrote:
You need a way to filter out random combinations of letters... I mean really... Since when has afhankelijk been a word? And while we are at it, since when have websites without any punctuation been words (or with punctuation?)
How do you suggest doing that? wordNet has no way of knowing if it's another language...
first of all, remove ones with www and a com etc. from the list.

ps this is from my wii, i have not violated shutdown day =p
Okay, I'm all for lame holidays. I can talk like a pirate and make 'your mom' jokes with the best of them, but shutdown day just looks stupid.

I, foamy3, made this post on March 24th from a computer.
Harq wrote:
ps this is from my wii, i have not violated shutdown day =p

I didn't just violate shutdown day - I raped it. I have 3 monitors on, 2 computers (one dual core - so 3 CPU cores) networked together playing video games for the past 4 hours straight (so they were running full load). I also played my Wii with some friends (on a power-sucking 5.1 surround sound stereo and 55inch TV). Hell, I'll even toss my phone into that mix, which has a 200-300mhz CPU in it (don't remember the exact). Both my parents computers are on, along with my sister's PC. So thats 5 computers on total. Eat it, shutdown day
hah, nobody told me about shutdown day so in my case it was consensual Wink
I don't care about shutdown day, I have a day finally where I can get a couple of straight hours doing computer work, I am not going to blow it.
Anyway, back on topic... I think I improved my algorithm substantially. We'll see how it works out.
who in their right mind make a day when you cannot use computers, (IF YOU ARE OUT THERE I AM GOING TO KILL YOU! Evil or Very Mad)

EDIT: And Kerm i still do not understand this whole image project idea....
WordNet Word Dump wrote:

timenbspnbspfundraisingcadmonthlymonthlynbspnbspfundraisingcadyearlyyearly

Thats in there like 6 times BTW.

Over all, nice job. When did this project come about?
some18kanal0n3 wrote:
WordNet Word Dump wrote:

timenbspnbspfundraisingcadmonthlymonthlynbspnbspfundraisingcadyearlyyearly

Thats in there like 6 times BTW.

Over all, nice job. When did this project come about?
I'd say I first came up with it a few years ago, but built it starting last summer.
Cool =D, first I've heard of it! Great Job!
But what does this pic you posted have todo with anything? I don't see that with what you picture, however.
im still not really seeing what this does.... can anyone explain with no words larger then 3 syllables? Im feeling a tad slow today...
Pseudoprogrammer wrote:
im still not really seeing what this does.... can anyone explain with no words larger then 3 syllables? Im feeling a tad slow today...
The best way to get it is to try it yourself: http://wordnet.cemetech.net
I did... not seeing its overall use really.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours