Here is a joke my calculus teacher told me today. You have to know some calculus in order to understand it.

Q: If f(x)=1/cabin what is F(x)?
A: log cabin

If you can think of any other funny math jokes please post them.
*cries*
I'm in calc, but we've never encountered a difference in f( and F(. Is one supposed to be f'(?

Oh, an integral, my bad >_<
If you have f and F, F' = f.
Too bad that would be natural log (ln) cabin, not log cabin Razz
Kllrnohj wrote:
Too bad that would be natural log (ln) cabin, not log cabin Razz
True, but in most math apps like Matlab log() is the natural log, while log10() is the base-10 log.
So i actually posted a joke that you found funny. And i put log and not ln just so the people who didnt know what integrals were could try to find some sort of humour in it.
Actually, wouldn't it be a houseboat? After you add the C </horrible pun>
foamy3 wrote:
Actually, wouldn't it be a houseboat? After you add the C </horrible pun>
It's so bad I don't get it. Explain, plox.
All integrals end in a +C. A log cabin is a type of house. The letter C is pronounced the same as the word Sea. There are boats called houseboats which are just like a house, but float. So if you add the sea to a log cabin, you have a houseboat.
KermMartian wrote:

Seriously, you didn't get that? I got it as soon as I read that, but oh well, you didn't miss much Wink (then again, my dad thinks puns are gods gift to humor, so I'm used to them)

Re lafferjm: No one said it was funny, we just said that we got it Rolling Eyes (and corrected it Evil or Very Mad )
Kllrnohj wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Seriously, you didn't get that? I got it as soon as I read that, but oh well, you didn't miss much Wink (then again, my dad thinks puns are gods gift to humor, so I'm used to them)

Re lafferjm: No one said it was funny, we just said that we got it Rolling Eyes (and corrected it Evil or Very Mad )
I suppose I honestly didn't think on it too long before giving up. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
I suppose I honestly didn't think on it too long before giving up. Smile

Well, to "get" puns you more have to read them 'out-loud' to yourself (even if its just in your head), as they rely on the pronunciation of the words to make sense (or as close to making sense as is possible with a pun Rolling Eyes ).
Two mathematicians are in a bar. The first one says to the second that the average person knows very little about basic mathematics. The second one disagrees, and claims that most people can cope with a reasonable amount of math.

The first mathematician goes off to the washroom, and in his absence the second calls over the waitress. He tells her that in a few minutes, after his friend has returned, he will call her over and ask her a question. All she has to do is answer "one third x cubed."

She repeats "one thir -- dex cue"?
He repeats "one third x cubed".
She asks, "one thir dex cuebd?"
"Yes, that's right," he says.
So she agrees, and goes off mumbling to herself, "one thir dex cuebd...".

The first guy returns and the second proposes a bet to prove his point, that most people do know something about basic math. He says he will ask the blonde waitress an integral, and the first laughingly agrees. The second man calls over the waitress and asks "what is the integral of x squared?". The waitress says "one third x cubed" and while walking away, turns back and says over her shoulder "plus a constant!"
Very Happy Now that was clever. Good one.
:p thats a classic one, here's some other mathy jokes:

http://oregonstate.edu/~scarbost/huh/huh.html
you know sohcahtoa, well my teacher taught us a different methed for remembering trig, Sally Can Tell, Oscar Has A Hard On Always. You go column by collumn. So Sin Cos Tangent, Then Opposite, Hypotenuse, Adjacent, Hypotenuse, Opposite, Adjacent. the funny comes in when our teacher told us this and a assistant principle walked in and was like wth are you teaching these kids.
Hehe, that's a rather unorthodox one, but I would imagine it's more successful than the mere phrase SohCahToa in getting you guys to remember. Laughing
that is a good one. My teachers always do SohCahToa.
Sex On Holidays, Trip On Acid, Call A Hooker. Same concept, but even funnier to me.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours