I found an interesting one...

I created a document, wrote some text, saved, and exited.

I opened the document, added some lines to it, to make it scroll, saved as a new file (since I cannot get it to overwrite the old one) and exited.

I opened up this file again, and "clicked" on the 4th line, where I have some text at, and started pressing random letters. Nothing showed up. So I reclicked at the first line, and was able to finally see the cursor. I scrolled down to the bottom, and began typing. Only thing was, it was typing 2 lines up o.O

I will endeavor to replicate this on PTI, but in the mean time, you should try it on the calc yourself.

Also, it would not hurt my feelings if you slowed the cursor down a bit. it just blinks way too fast...
1) That's been corrected, thanks for noticing
2) Files save changes automatically. No need to manually save.
3) The cursor is meant to approximate grayscale, hence the flash speed.
2) Not cool, it should *never* auto-save the file
3) Why? that seems counter-intuitive (as cursors on like, every other platform blink very slowly, but return to 'solid' when a letter is typed - and they are black Very Happy )
Kllrnohj wrote:
2) Not cool, it should *never* auto-save the file
3) Why? that seems counter-intuitive (as cursors on like, every other platform blink very slowly, but return to 'solid' when a letter is typed - and they are black Very Happy )
Why? Because I ran out of variables to store the state of the cursor.
Fair enough - but it should absolutely under no condition ever auto-save (unless its to a temp document Wink )
I have tried it out and i found something that really isn't a bug but an annoyance. After you type in enough text for the screen to scroll it takes a long time to get key input.
lafferjm wrote:
I have tried it out and i found something that really isn't a bug but an annoyance. After you type in enough text for the screen to scroll it takes a long time to get key input.
Only when you're doing the actual scrolling - it accepts input at full speed when you're not at the last character of a line.
Bug, mayby? If the document is archived my calc crashes when I save and close, is their a fix to this?
Dont archive =D I dunno lemme try to replicate that bug.
My ram has cleared so many times I try to archive anything possible.
I got a "ERR: VARIABLE"

EDIT: Wait no, I replicated that error. Kerm I think this is a problem =/
On my 84+se the screen just goes blank and my calc shuts off. Sad
Yes, and you turn it back on to a lovely RAM clear message. I just got that error too.
Pseudoprogrammer wrote:
EDIT: Wait no, I replicated that error. Kerm I think this is a problem =/

Yes because I love DOC DE but I lose all the docs I make. Sad
Unarchive before editing. its not rocket science =D
TOO BAD I'M LAZY. Just Joking Last time I just forgot my bad. but it would still be nice if fixed.
If you guys would bother to read up the topic, you'd see I've fixed this and it will be in the next RC Smile
My bad Krem Sad I'd better start doing some research on topics.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours