Will you use DDE6?
Yes
 78%  [ 18 ]
No
 21%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 23

Important: a new versionof DCS6 has been uploaded with small bugfixes and the old version WILL crash with DDE6 --elfprince13 (clicky)

After a mere three or four days of work total, Document DE 6 is ready for concurrent release with Doors CS 6.0. Weighing in at under 900 bytes and demonstrating the power of Doors CS, this full-featured text editor allows you to create, view, save, and open text files within an attractive and intuitive GUI interface. With Doors CS 6's associated program feature, you can open files from Doors CS without having Document DE 6 open. Check out the screenshots and preview download link below. Note: you must download a new copy of DCS6 RC2 to use this.

Download
Document DE 6

UBERNESS!!!
Kerm, i must say, this looks PROFESSIONAL
900 bytes? mine in BASIC is at 2500....and its still not even CLOSE to being done...well it kinda is, but whatever.

[edit] can you use numbers? im making mine so that you can. just wondering...
hmmm, this does look quite good, but after looking here I wouldn't mind access to a few more characters (especially math and international). any chance a full character selection window for those of us who need a wider selection? other than that i think this is quite excellent.
oh there we go....answered my question!
awsome!!
For those with questions about what characters you can enter:
http://dcs.cemetech.net/index.php?title=Text_Input
I thinks you should add the a character selection window though for all the extra international and math related characters that can't be accessed from the keypad (like the chr menu in TI Apps or the character palette in os x (character map in windows))
I am curious, did you decide to leave out the formatting?? I remember way back when (since I think I am the oldest visiting member here) that you had plans for italics, bold, and underline.

Also, if it wouldn't be too much trouble, maybe a character map of all the available characters??
Yup, I decided against formatting in this version. DDE4 had formatting, but that was way too much trouble as far as programming.
For now, a charmap is out of the scope of this project.
Sad pretty please? what if I wrote one for you?

[edit]

updated the news article to avoid confusion
I seem to have found a bug Kerm. When I go to save a document it crashes. By the way if it makes a difference I am using a TI-84+SE.
Mexi1010 wrote:
I seem to have found a bug Kerm. When I go to save a document it crashes. By the way if it makes a difference I am using a TI-84+SE.
Did you redownload the RC2 release as the news article stated?
yes i did and i reinstalled dcs6 and everything now dcs6 wont even work!
Ditto for me.

I think it may have more to do with the new version of DoorsCS 6RC2 than Document DE, though.

I also have an 84+SE.

I'll fire up TILEM and see if it happens there to. If it does, I'll post a screenshot.

@DocumentDE6: Looks GREAT! I can't wait to try it out, whenever I get DoorsCS to work again Sad
Wow. That looks really good, especially for only 900 bytes! Yes, by the screenshot, it DOES show the power of DoorsCS.

EDIT: Screenshot:

EDIT2: THe second time, I had to reset the calculator's state to get out of the bug.
check the new link above and test with that. also, try deleting any old DCS appvars which might be lying around.
save file and open file crash it for me. 84+si, dcsrc2.

EDIT: just got that bugfix DCS, and now my calc has become unresponsive. nothing a battery pull wont fix...
Get the new bugfixy DCS RC2 - no idea what was wrong with the other one.
I tried docde6. When i read the news thing it said to download the new version of dcs6 and i did and when i tried to run it, it crashed my calc. Then i resent dcsrc2 and docde6 and i ran dcs it worked fine. Then i tried docde when i started it i could create a new file but i couldnt save it. I clicked the disk and that is when it crashed. I was using an 84+ se.
Are you sure you downloaded the new version of DCS in the news item? Try now - no one else has had a problem with it.
im sure i did but i will redownload it when i get home.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours