Kllrnohj wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
As Calc84 said, it deletes, renames the temporary program, then archives that.

You should still add the option to have it save the writebacks to an appvar like crunchyOS
Fine, but not for this version. It'll be in a future version.
KermMartian wrote:
Razz That's already exactly how it does it. Razz
I need more info on Demon's problem: calculator model, amount of RAM free, amount of ROM free.

The calc had around 27k Flash free and everything was archived.
Ok, two problems:
1- I went to the about screen and it says 5.9b2
2- It froze right then and there Neutral
delete the old AppVars BEFORE running.
I had the same problem, i forgot to clear appvars... smooth me.... but the 5.9 ive been bugging Kerm about since 5.9 came out because he hasnt changed it lol.
I believe you fixed the problem. I was unable to replicate the error.
tifreak8x wrote:
I believe you fixed the problem. I was unable to replicate the error.
Superb. And Demon: what calc model?!?! Smile
Oh, [abrupt cackle] TI-83+.
Demon wrote:
Oh, [abrupt cackle] TI-83+.
Fair enough. I'll look into it.
Kerm gave me another version of the patch (I think) and that worked out.
Pseudoprogrammer wrote:
Kerm gave me another version of the patch (I think) and that worked out.
I also updated the uploaded version, so just get that if your calc is locking up with your copy of RC2.
I played around with it some more. It seems to not want to archive anymore whenever the calc needs to Garbage Collect 'cause after I have to go archive it manually, it almost always asks me "Garbage Collect?"

BTW. Another idea: An option to disable writeback like in Mirage OS 'cause I would rather choose that for now instead of having to wait for garbage collecting every time (or other) I play a game (My archive on my calc is 10k from foll). At least until the Appvar things gets implemented if it does... then 8 to 10k would not be so bad to play games in 'cause it wouldn't GC so much
You wouldn't get to save highscores and such though - wouldn't that be bothersome? I think that's why archiving is failing on your calc; can you get me a complete .8xg backup of your calc, please?
K.

Well, it's not just failing on mine, I tried it on my friend's calc, and it's doing the same thing. But right now he has everything on his that I do, and it's giving me the same problems.

BTW, I played around with it more and found another bug: when the batteries are low enough to where garbage collecting will say you need to change your batteries, DCS freezes when it tries to archive the appvar.
Demon wrote:
K.

Well, it's not just failing on mine, I tried it on my friend's calc, and it's doing the same thing.

BTW, I played around with it more and found another bug: when the batteries are low enough to where garbage collecting will say you need to change your batteries, DCS freezes when it tries to archive the appvar.
Fair enough, I'll give it a look. You can send that backup to my username @cemetech.net
There's a compatibility issue in DCS that got me stuck in a program.
When ifastcopy gets called it enables interrupts which is a BIG nono. A program should be able to keep it's interrupt status.
calc84maniac wrote:
There's a compatibility issue in DCS that got me stuck in a program.
When ifastcopy gets called it enables interrupts which is a BIG nono. A program should be able to keep it's interrupt status.
Interesting, lemme check it out.

It actually disables interrupts, then reenables them. Hmm, I wonder why I decided to do that...
Oh right, it throws off timing iirc... any ideas? How does Ion do it?
Mirage, at least, doesn't appear to disable interrupts at all.
calc84maniac wrote:
Mirage, at least, doesn't appear to disable interrupts at all.
As far as I can tell from this, all existing fastcopy routines disable interrupts:

http://wikiti.denglend.net/index.php?title=Routines:Graphic:Fastcopy

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours